Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge CA Blacktail down... New hunter hooked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge CA Blacktail down... New hunter hooked!

I good friend of mine’s son has been going out hunting with me a good bit these past 2 years. This year he worked his butt off to buy CA licenses/tag and I was blessed enough to be the one to get him on a world class Blacktail. He really wanted to get a shot with his bow but after watching him shoot for a little while I decided it would be best for him to use my rifle. We started sitting in the blind at about 4:45pm after I got off of work and had 2 does and 2 fawns come accross at about 6:15. At about 7:05 we had another doe come out but heard some horns rattling behind a brush pile to our right. We waited about 5mins and never saw anything but it sounded close so we made the call to hop out of the blind and look around he brush pile. Sure enough, 2 big bucks facing off 80yrds behind the brush pile. I had him look through the scope at them to really assess them and made sure he had full field of vision and then leaned over, took the safety off and told him to take the one on the right...... Boom! I watched through my binos and the deer hunched back and stumbled forward and the hit looked good but I lost him in he brush. Austin said he saw him cut back behind where he shot him but the shot looked good. We visually marked the shot area then we backed out for about half hour to call his dad and give the deer some time. We headed back out to locate his deer and found no blood anywhere, looked to our right and there he was piled up 10yrds from where he shot him. Shoot was perfect! Center mass, right in the crease. No exit wound but we found the bullet embedded in the off side shoulder completely intact. This boy is spoiled! This is his first deer ever and probably the biggest black tail he will ever set eyes on. 21” spread! Glory be to God! We sat there together praying for God to make it happen and whether or not it did, it’s day hunt I won’t soon forget. Thanks for reading!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BamaPSE; 10-01-2018, 10:46 AM.

Sweet! Congrats to the hunter.

Comment

Nice buck !

Comment

Gotta love that smile!

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats to the hunter...

Comment

Woa nelly....what a great buck
            Congrats to you both

Comment

Congrats to both of you. Sounds like you are teaching him right from beginning to end

Comment

That’s awesome!

Comment

Here’s another shot of him
                  Attached Files

Comment

Heck of a deer. Congrats

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Congrats

Comment