• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray Sasser, longtime Dallas Morning News outdoors writer, dies at 69

Article in Dallas Morning News.

I have read many of his articles over the years RIP

Comment

Always looked forward to his columns back in the day when there was no immediate Texas Hunting info like today with TBH.

Comment

What a great loss to the outdoor industry and for Texas. Thank you for the years of great articles Ray. Rest In Peace sir!

Comment

RIP. I've read many of his articles and books growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornfan View Post
            Always looked forward to his columns back in the day when there was no immediate Texas Hunting info like today with TBH.

Yup....his articles and reports on the same page were a huge link to the outdoors back in the late 80s and 90s for us. Hell I pretty much only bought the paper on Thursday for his stuff...

RIP Ray....thanks for the good reads all those years.

Comment

Very nice guy. Rest In Peace Ray

Comment

The outdoor writer is unfortunately nearly phased out...there are only a handful left and the big three have been forced into retirement.

Luckily with my dad sharing the same profession I spent many of camps and hunts in the presence of Ray and he was one of a kind. His attention to detail and passion for the outdoors were like no other.

Although I hate that we all will no longer enjoy his writings it's good to know he is in a place of peace and happiness and his long, hard fought battle is over along with the pain.

RIP Ray

Comment

He's the main reason I take the DMN. his thursday and Sunday articles were great reads. he will be missed. DMN has put a couple of Shannon Tompkins articles in lately and I hope they strike a deal to keep on. He's a good writer also even inspite of havin to deal with havin Les as a brother

Comment

dang! Ray and I made a couple of trips to Grapevine targeting smallmouth for an article he was writing. Super nice guy.

Comment

So sad to read this. I too always looked forward to Ray's articles in the paper. Seemed like he was the one true spokesman for the hunting world in all the media at the time. 69 is way too young to be passing. Did he have cancer?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                        So sad to read this. I too always looked forward to Ray's articles in the paper. Seemed like he was the one true spokesman for the hunting world in all the media at the time. 69 is way too young to be passing. Did he have cancer?
                        Yes...been battling it for several years.

Comment

He was also the driving force behind the Texas Whitetail series of books in the early 90's. RIP Ray

Comment

Comment

I couldn't wait to read his articles. What a class act!

Comment

Working...
                              X