ground venison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ground venison

does anybody else make disket? deer meat and brisket ground together, it is some kind of good, just wondering if anyone else has tried this? also heard about grinding deer and bacon together, but i have not tried that yet.

I tried the Deer/Bacon. Very good for burgers on the Grill !!

Comment

Deer and brisket is very good, havent tried thr deer and bacon

Comment

I tried the deer/bacon...bacon seemed to over power to much for me. 11lbs to 3 lbs bacon,

Never tried the deer/brisket--more info?

My last deer I ground 75/25 with beef fat and it has been a major hit with family and friends.

Comment

What's a good ratio for either?

Comment

I do 50/50 for all my ground meat.

Comment

50% bacon?

Comment

Originally posted by DMG View Post
                50% bacon?
                Beef

Comment

I used 1lb bacon to 5lbs burger. Just enough to put some grease into it. I didn't think to much of it in stroganof or goulosh. Sorry for the spelling...... Miller Lite !! got that right off the can!

Comment

we went about 70/30 on the disket as we call it, 70 being venison. seems to make it hold together real well and taste excellent, i think you could get away with any ratio you want on the disket. usually i'm not big on tainting the sacred venison with anything, but a friend talked me into this and it is GOOD!! i think he's gonna try the bacon recipe next, i'll report back after some taste testing. hard job but somebodys got to do it.

Comment

When I BBQ brisket I always trim some of the fat. I put it(trimmed fat) in the freezer and then grind it into deer meat to make deerburger. Can't tell the difference from regular HB.

Comment

When I grind my venison I usually add about 6-7% fat from a beef brisket.

Comment

I often mix brisket with my deer meat 60% deer 40 % brisket. makes good burgers. Just wait until you see them on sale at the grocery and pick up a couple of large briskets and freeze them.

Comment

i've got to start grinding my own meat.

Comment

You guys ever try pork sausage with ground venison. They make real good burgers. 50/50 - 1lb to 1lb.

Comment

Working...
                              X