Cabelas/Capital One/Crap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabelas/Capital One/Crap!

For those of you with a Cabelas credit card that recently dealt with the transition to Capital One, this is a FYI. Even after you activate the new Mastercard, your old Visa is apparently still active. Today I had fraudulent activity pop up on my account using the old Visa info a month after activating the new card.

I just spent an hour dealing with Cabelas/Capital One on the phone. I spoke with Angel from the Philippines which is nowhere near the Lincoln Nebraska call center that they said would continue to handle customer service for their credit card.

I had a fraudulent charge come up today for $1300 that was done using my OLD Visa card number. I activated the new Mastercard mid-November, but according to Capital One the old Visa doesn't actually get de-activated so the charge came through today anyway. To top it off the old Visa and the new Mastercard are somehow tied together in their system so even though the new card has not been compromised they must lock the whole account and send me another new card with another new number. No telling how many hours I spent the last few weeks changing all payment info for my bills that run through this card, and now I get to do it all again next week. In the meantime I get to check into every single Christmas gift order that has been placed but not yet hit the card and try to figure out how to change payment before they try to charge my locked card and cancel my orders.

I'm pretty sure after this ordeal I will be moving away from this card and hopefully find something that resembles the old Cabelas Visa from years past with US based customer service and some logical way to handle issues.
    Rant Over

That really sucks. Hope you get everything resolved soon.

Comment

I have not activated the new card and am going to continue to use the old card as long as it will let me.

Comment

Experiencing the transition now, with fingers crossed.

Comment

Heck I haven't even received the new card yet, account sits idle and don't plan on using it anymore anyways.

Comment

I don't think I've had to use the customer service part, but if you are a Sam's Club member, their card pays you in cash. I guess I will close my Cabela's account down. Doubt I'll shop there much anymore anyway. I despise BPS.

Comment

I still had the old card in my wallet and used it by mistake last week. I was surprised it worked. I guess I need to call and cancel the old card? I'm not sure their system will even let me cancel it. Like you said, they are tied together. I don't get a separate bill for the two cards. What a mess! I hope they get it straightened out asap. I really liked the perks of the old Cabelas card, and I don't want to quit using them.

Comment

I just got mine a few days , had a very small balance on the Visa card could not make a payment , get the phone call its late , I give them dates and time who I spoke with on accessing my account ( new MC) they tell me well I can take a payment over the phone .

I tell them I want to see the new MC acount round and round it went its working now and they waved the late fee due to their issue not mine .

Comment

That sucks, I didn’t transfer my auto billing for XM radio and trash, I realized the other day they still charged my old card number and it went thru..

Comment

The worse thing that I have discovered is they cranked my interest rate up to 20 percent. I am one to pay it off each month but still it bothered me so I called them just to be told that they did not have enough history with me yet to lower it. They were polite and professional....just not helpful. Told them I would be shopping for a new card. Probably get the AQHA one. I have carried a Cabela's card for years and they are going to lose me over something that amounts to almost nothing.

-john

Comment

I'm done with the card and used it for years without any issues...until the transition. The new customer service is not service. They make accusations against cardholders that are issues with their internal transition and not the cardholders.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                        The worse thing that I have discovered is they cranked my interest rate up to 20 percent. I am one to pay it off each month but still it bothered me so I called them just to be told that they did not have enough history with me yet to lower it. They were polite and professional....just not helpful. Told them I would be shopping for a new card. Probably get the AQHA one. I have carried a Cabela's card for years and they are going to lose me over something that amounts to almost nothing.

-john

I need to see if they changed mine as well. That will be a deal breaker for me too.

Comment

Had cabelas card for 15 years. As soon as capital took over I went and redeemed my points and canceled card.

Comment

I cancelled my Cabelas card when they changed and went with NWTF visa. I didnt want 2 mc since I have a BPS card.

Comment

I hope I didn't loose mine

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X