Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for recommendation on what brand of disc to buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for recommendation on what brand of disc to buy.

Looking at getting a 6 ft disc for the house and wondering what brands of discs I should be looking at and which ones to avoid. Wanting something that will last. Thanks

In for answers.

Comment

I have an Armstrong AG HDHD2020 I believe its a 6.5, but its a great piece of equipment that digs. Solid Disc that gets abused and keeps on going every year.

Comment

Cant go wrong with an athens. I have an Armstrong Ag brand and have mixed emotions with it.. it seems well built and heavy duty but noticed one day that the back set of discs was about to slide off the frame. It seems that it wasn't bolted down very tight???

Anyways, fast forward to last night... I broke my FEL grapple (armstrong ag) the cat 1 QD posts ripped right off the frame while I was back dragging some brush... upon further inspection it seems as if they just welded it at the back side and not on the front (note the cat 2 QD pins were done right, welded at front and back) I think they just have some QC issues and allow some welds to be incomplete and some bolts left un-tightened. just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by jbhlsu View Post
          I have an Armstrong AG HDHD2020 I believe its a 6.5, but its a great piece of equipment that digs. Solid Disc that gets abused and keeps on going every year.
          I have seen a few online that looked pretty solid and not a bad price.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhlsu View Post
            Have had this for 13 years. I do have a bearing thats bad but I just pour some oil on it and keep going. I did add some extra weight to it.

Comment

I have a 6' Land Pride that I've been using for the last 5/6 years and I'm well satisfied. Pretty heavy duty disc.

Comment

What size tractor you have, will determine the disc size. I would get the biggest one my tractor could pull. I have an 8' on a 75 hp tractor.

Comment

Thanks for all the info and recommendations guys.
                  Radar I already know the size I'm looking for just kinda trying to see what brand I want to go with. Want something with some quality that will last awhile.

Found a place about 2 hours from the that has some Armstrong's may go give them a look.

Comment

Working...
                  X