No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Drill into existing crop with no tillage. The beans were mostly weed free and I'm not concerned with existing weeds as frost will get them. My hope is with rye planted at 120 lbs acre that will create a thick enough matte in spring that I can get away from spraying altogether. Will see.

Comment

That's a great idea. I wish our rye looked as good as yours. We got two inches of rain a week after planting and with the warm temps and no rain for another month it all burned/died. I'm hoping we can find a drill one of these days and do something similar. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

How's the hunting? Any monsters down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We planted 13 days before a rain in hard soil. We got good rain Sunday morning and have noticed no sprouting yet as of today. How long does it take for seed to sprout after a rain when its been sitting in bone dry soil?

Comment

Havent scored this one yet. Looks nice. Might crack 170
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm the first to agree the photo of this buck is pitiful. Still haven't trained my neighbor how to take good shots. 161" 8 pt
              Attached Files

Comment

Slightly better photo. 162" 10 pt. Was a good weekend
                Attached Files

Comment

They can't all be big. I rattled this one up to 20 yds.Super fun hunt. He has no front teeth left; No telling how old.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great looking bucks and you have to love the freaky ones too. Congrats on a great weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                      They can't all be big. I rattled this one up to 20 yds.Super fun hunt. He has no front teeth left; No telling how old.
                      What a brute, great bucks

Comment

Great bucks! Thanks for sharing. Your place is incredible!

Comment

that last buck is awesome rusty! Nothing like killing an old old old buck with an attitude!

How are your weights looking this year? Its been a year since the stressful floods....It looks like the bucks you are harvesting are in great condition.

Comment

If you think the 14 yr old cutie is excited to have shot this buck I can tell you her cajun daddy is bouncing off the walls. She shot it sitting in his lap. Nice way to finish out the weekend.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great thread and pictures.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X