The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
    I'm leaving labor day weekend to central Colorado above timberline...hoping to find this buck. I'll also have an elk tag in pocket.

Is anyone else headed to central Colorado the week of labor day?
    I'm headed to 86 (south central) on the 6th.

Comment

I have heard of a UW tag for either archery season in unit 51. PM me if you are interested. I think it is around 1200.

Comment

Its way too close to elk season for this thread to go dormant.

A couple of the wallows we will be
        hunting again this year.

One is darn near unhuntable because of the prevailing wind and where the bulls come from.

The other we will place a tree stand over...its in a perfect spot for an evening sit. Killed a bull last year at the bottom one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        Last edited by unclefish; 08-21-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Seeing all these pics of the mountains is making me antsy for next month.

Comment

I just spent a few days in the Lincoln with the family but all I could think about was elk. Figures the only one we saw was in downtown Ruidoso.

-------------------------------
            Violence never settles anything
            -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Leaving the 10th of Sept until closer for backpack elk in Colorado. Next year we are gonna try to spend 20 or so days total hunting elk. Gonna start in Idaho for 10 days then head to Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                I have heard of a UW tag for either archery season in unit 51. PM me if you are interested. I think it is around 1200.
                Sold!

Comment

I happened to find a leftover tag for 1st rifle season so I'm heading to unit 70 in October. Will be a weird feeling to not have my bow in my hand but might as well try something different. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

I leave next Tuesday to head up Silt,colorado will be there 11-12 days. can't wait.

Comment

packed up and loaded headed out at 0530 tomorrow should be at base of mtn around 2000 stay there the night then hike up thursday for 10days, with my pack weight it may take me till opener saturday to get up the mtn. first backpack hunt and I definitely have more than i should in my pack and if all goes well can easily drop 20lbs with some lighter gear but didn't want to drop that coin until Im sure Ill keep doing it.

Comment

Just booked my Dad's Bday present and I maybe going as well. Unit 15 Private land hunt in NM. Muzzloader. Excited for him to get a bull.

Comment

Posting for a friend: If anyone needs assistance (calling, packing out, glassing) for an archery elk hunt in unit 21A NM send me a PM. Got a buddy looking to get some boots on ground in the unit. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                            Just booked my Dad's Bday present and I maybe going as well. Unit 15 Private land hunt in NM. Muzzloader. Excited for him to get a bull.
                            Awesome bday gift! Hope he gets a good un

Comment

Leave on 3rd for 14 days in Colorado, can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Havent added much but ive sure been following this thread.

Buddy and I are going sept 13-27. Full on backpack hunt. Archery. Elk. First time. Intimidated in an exciting way. Southwest CO.

Comment

Working...
                                X