Shooting Seated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    My ego says my 58 lb Elite has plenty of passthroughs and dead deer....my shoulder agrees..
    Mine too !

Comment

What I always say, if you can't pull or have trouble pulling your bow back real slow and easy, you need to crank it down. If you can't pull it back with comfort and ease, doubt you will kill that deer. I've kilt a lot of stuff at only 52lbs. I'm now at 58lbs. Shooting seated is the best way. Very little movement on your part and movement on your part will get you busted most of the time.

Comment

I practice standing and seated. All my kills have been seated. I've never noticed a strength difference when drawing back my bow. I believe your poundage is a little too high if you can't easily pull the bow while sitting.

Comment

Like everyone says, turn the bow down. Hunting in the cold makes the bow harder to pull than being seated will. Stiff muscles and more clothes makes it hard if you are already on the edge. Turn bow down to low sixty and you will never notice the difference except it is easier to draw.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
            Like everyone says, turn the bow down. Hunting in the cold makes the bow harder to pull than being seated will. Stiff muscles and more clothes makes it hard if you are already on the edge. Turn bow down to low sixty and you will never notice the difference except it is easier to draw.
            Agreed. Will be dialing it down this week. 65?

Comment

I hunt with a 50# bow due to 2 back surgeries (maybe 3 soon) and 2 bicep surgeries. I don't see the need for more than 60 for whitetails but to each his own. Have you ever hunted in the cold? I am from PA, and PA and OH can get pretty cold. I mean highs of single low single digits minus temps overnight. Those temps, while nothing compared to MN or Canada, can make bows feel real heavy real quick. I once had a doe I could not draw on. That was my cue to lower my draw weight because if that was the buck of a lifetime and I would have been even more bummed I had to let it walk.

Comment

Not sure if anyone has suggested yet but you could crank your bow down some...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                  Leave it to a GOF to come thru with the ultimate advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Leave it to a GOF to come thru with the ultimate advice.

Comment

Solid advice right here^^^^^.

I can't believe it took 22 posts for someone to say it.

Comment

Almost as good as his Hagerman advice..

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Pull 65
                          this^^^^ many people pull more than they should,,, a better way to determine your actual best weight is to sit flat on the floor and draw,, if you can not pull it straight back, smooth and easy........ lower the weight!

Comment

When you sit and can pull the bow without movement or sound, you have the right poundage.

Comment

When you are drawing on an animal, you won't even notice a strength difference. With that being said, I shoot 90% of my animals seated. I actually feel more comfortable/stable that way.

Additionally, I rarely shoot more than 20 arrows at a time. I would rather shoot less arrows with perfect form than more arrows where you start compromising form due to fatigue.

Comment

I shoot seated for much of my practice as well. Back tension seems to be harder to focus on and develop shooting seated.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X