AR-15 CMC trigger issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR-15 CMC trigger issue...

I put a CMC 3.5 lb pull weight trigger in my Bushmaster and it has made one heck of a difference on target. However, yesterday I noticed something strange. I was shooting Speer Gold Dot 75 gr factory ammunition. After about 3 shots of the 3rd magazine, the trigger did not reset. I pulled the charging handle back all the way to make sure that it had picked up a round and it had. This happened about 3 times yesterday. Finally, the last time it did it, I pulled the charging handle back just a little and let the bolt go forward and it worked.

Any ideas about this?

looking to get a CMC trigger also, in for the INFO.

Comment

Rut ro - I just installed one in my PSA AR-15. I've only shot it 6 times, but it worked great for me. Maybe contact CMS Customer Service to see what they recommend?

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

I've sent CMC an email as well. Waiting for a reply.

Comment

Keep us posted, hopefully it's just a malfunction trigger.

Comment

I had one in my AR15. I out 60-80 rounds through it with no issues.....

Comment

Yeah I've pumped a few hundred rounds thru both my 15 and my 10 an never had an issue

Comment

Have ran a CMC for a long time and it’s been flawless. The company is ran by good people so if there is an issue u will be taken care of I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

unless heavily oiled or gunked up I would have to send that back, especially if on a defensive weapon.

I'm about 60 rounds in on my first CMC so this is interesting....

Comment

Over 3000 rounds through 2 different ARs with CMCs and not a single issue. I’d say this is the exception not the rule. Contact CMC and they’ll make it right. They’re good people over there and will get you back on track. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like something got under/in the trigger group.

Comment

Here are my guesses?
                        Timing?
                        Does your AR have an adjustable gas bock? With a light trigger and 75 grain ammo the "gas timing" may be off or the gas tube & or block might be dirty?
                        Another thing just popped into my goad. Are you letting off the trigger completely between shots?
                        See if your trigger group is slicked up free of burrs and clean?
                        Check out the buffer and spring?

Comment

I got an email back from CMC requesting I send it in. As usual, I started second guessing myself and thought I may have not been releasing the trigger. I’ll do another range session before sending it in.

Comment

Check your spent rounds, you may be blowing primers and one may get in the trigger group. I've seen this happen on several occasions. I've also seen it could cause a double tap.

Comment

Originally posted by epp838 View Post
                              Check your spent rounds, you may be blowing primers and one may get in the trigger group. I've seen this happen on several occasions. I've also seen it could cause a double tap.

I'll check that when I get home this evening. I don't recall any brass missing a primer.

Comment

Working...
                              X