Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think the penalty should be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manslaughter sounds about right based on what I’ve heard. Doesn’t sound like she went out looking to kill someone with malice. Bad deal.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
      So are all the identical apartments, on identical floors, identically furnished?

(rhetorical question)
      I have no idea what the inside of their apartments look like. My guess would be she went in and saw the dude and freaked out without looking around, but that’s purely conjecture.

Comment

Originally posted by cjkozik View Post
        And who relayed those facts to u? The officers on scene? The district attorneys office? Who is your source?
        Why would I tell you that? But better yet, why would I make it up? It’s someone in position to get credible information, but if they were fed a line of crap, I’ll be there first to admit it. It makes more sense than the officer just going in and shooting the guy because he’s black, but hey, maybe she’s just a racist cop and he was playing his music too loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I walked into the wrong apartment one time after taking the dog out...dead sober. It freaked me out, glad I wasn't shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I did too running home back in college for a quick bite of lunch and ended up marrying one of the girls in that apartment! Been married 10yrs now. Glad she didn’t shoot me either haha

Comment

The charge should be whatever her actions merit. She like everyone else should be held responsible for her actions. The problem with suggesting a charge is that none of us know all the circumstances or what actually happened prior to the fatal gun shots.

From my little window, it does not look good but I will not speculate without having more facts.

Prayers up for the family and friends of the deceased.
            Last edited by Pedernal; 09-08-2018, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
              Will wait to hear more details but it looks from whats being reported so far is this is just a terrible avoidable tragedy.

The idea of living in an apartment and non employees having entry access to my place is disturbing.

^^ this....Working security or not, what would possibly justify her having full access to any/all apartments in that complex? That's BS

Comment

She's in deep ****. How deep we don't know yet...

Comment

First thing I'd do is color coat those doors in that apartment. Maybe put a little placard with numbers on the doors.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                    For those wondering how this happened, this is my understanding of what went down: apartments often allow police officers to stay in their complexes at a serious discount, but the officers are expected to help out with minor disputes, loud music, parking problems, and stuff like that. The officer involved in this shooting was a courtesy officer for the apartment complex. At this complex all of the floors look identical, residents take an elevator to their room, and all doors are opened with a magnetic keyfob. Because of her role at the complex, the officer’s key-fob opened all doors in the complex (think of the old master key the maintenance man used to carry). So she worked a full shift, got home, and in her tiredness or whatever from work, she accidentally got off the elevator either a floor early or a floor late, not sure. She went down a hall that looked exactly like hers, to a door exactly hers, and used a key that opened a door exactly like hers. When she got into the apartment, she was confronted by a man who she thought was in HER apartment, but he was in HIS apartment, and she shot him. This is a horrible
                    tragedy. Obviously there was no maliciousness involved, but obviously punishment is needed. Not sure how you decide what the punishment should be, though.
                    They would never allow anyone to have a “master key” much less a non employee. I should also note I am not aware any electronic lock that has a master key ving, Schlage or others. They typically have to be re programmed.
                    Last edited by myway; 09-08-2018, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                      Why is this not being charged as 2nd degree murder?
                      If that explanation someone put out about the key fob door entry is accurate then she won't be found guilty of anything regardless of the charge.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        Spurned booty call revenge masked with the oopsdididothat defense
                        I actually brought that up in another forum yesterday when I heard about the shooting.

Comment

What if she knew him and this was personal and disguised as an accident?

What if she worked security at the apartments for free or reduced rent (very common) and had a master key or card giving her access to his apartment unknowingly?

What if her apartment was in the same location in relation to the elevator as his but on the different floor?

What if he heard the keys at the door and met her with gun in hand?

What if she shot him at the doorway having never made entry to notice the different furnishings?

What if.......

I think I’ll wait for more to be released.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                            They would never allow anyone to have a “master key” much less a non employee. I should also note I am not aware any electronic lock that has a master key ving, Schlage or others. They typically have to be re programmed.
                            Just what I was told. Perhaps she scanned her key and the door was already unlocked, and she thought she had unlocked it with her own key? I thought that part seemed a little sketchy, but the whole story is strange.
                            Last edited by bullets13; 09-08-2018, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                              What if she knew him and this was personal and disguised as an accident?

What if she worked security at the apartments for free or reduced rent (very common) and had a master key or card giving her access to his apartment unknowingly?

What if her apartment was in the same location in relation to the elevator as his but on the different floor?

What if he heard the keys at the door and met her with gun in hand?

What if she shot him at the doorway having never made entry to notice the different furnishings?

What if.......

I think I’ll wait for more to be released.
                              This part is already out there, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                on serious note... her being a police officer shouldnt come into play....
                                The circumstances were the circumstances... unfortunate but negligent and avoidable.
                                manslaughter with a side of civil suit now because somehow the City and Police departments are to blame for arming this person..and family gotta get paid yo.
                                Agreed. But headline "fellow resident shoots neighbor by accident" doesn't sell
                                Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                                For those wondering how this happened, this is my understanding of what went down: apartments often allow police officers to stay in their complexes at a serious discount, but the officers are expected to help out with minor disputes, loud music, parking problems, and stuff like that. The officer involved in this shooting was a courtesy officer for the apartment complex. At this complex all of the floors look identical, residents take an elevator to their room, and all doors are opened with a magnetic keyfob. Because of her role at the complex, the officer’s key-fob opened all doors in the complex (think of the old master key the maintenance man used to carry). So she worked a full shift, got home, and in her tiredness or whatever from work, she accidentally got off the elevator either a floor early or a floor late, not sure. She went down a hall that looked exactly like hers, to a door exactly hers, and used a key that opened a door exactly like hers. When she got into the apartment, she was confronted by a man who she thought was in HER apartment, but he was in HIS apartment, and she shot him. This is a horrible tragedy. Obviously there was no maliciousness involved, but obviously punishment is needed. Not sure how you decide what the punishment should be, though.
                                Originally posted by cjkozik View Post
                                And who relayed those facts to u? The officers on scene? The district attorneys office? Who is your source?
                                FWIW... I have never met bullets13, I was relayed pretty much the same info. Id say that info is pretty solid

The only difference I was told was codes and not key fobs. Management, maintenance etc would have master codes/fobs so it's not particularly out of line

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X