Air-bows during archery season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air-bows during archery season?

Seems odd they would rescind the regulations changes only to modify them in late august. I know it's been discussed here how some on the commission would like to get firearms into October for deer, be vigilant on this https://m.chron.com/sports/outdoors/...e-12946620.php

Appears tpwd will change the terminology to "arrow gun"
    Still would encourage everyone to put in their two cents on support of this regulation change not allowing this so called "air-bow" during archery season. Not sure I agree with the repeal on some of the crossbow minimum draw weight and broadhead requirements though...

TPWD public comment link
    Last edited by bossbowman; 07-30-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

An air bow is a gun, period. And honestly I don’t see the point at all

Comment

I'm sure the point was to get it into archery season in some states, hence them calling it a bow. The Shockeys saw the success crossbow sales had once they were legalized earlier in the deer season, this device would have been a hit especially in texas.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          I'm sure the point was to get it into archery season in some states, hence them calling it a bow. The Shockeys saw the success crossbow sales had once they were legalized earlier in the deer season, this device would have been a hit especially in texas.
          Actually we presented Jim with our air shotgun that can shoot an arrow @ 600 FPS+ if you wanted to. He then turned around and went to the big boys and said lets build an "air bow." The Benjamin is a different design altogether and ugly as sin, but the original idea was ours... Either way we just shoot them for fun, with an arrow occasionally. We have taken a few pigs with it and our air spear gun. I still like my stick and string though!

Comment

I'm all for less restrictions, not more. Bring on the air bows. I would be fine with primitive rifles also.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
              I'm all for less restrictions, not more. Bring on the air bows. I would be fine with primitive rifles also.

Comment

You can only kill so many deer per season, so I'm good with it !

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                  Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                  You can only kill so many deer per season, so I'm good with it !
                  Agreed.
                  If it brings more folks to the sport, I am all for it.

Comment

I really don't see that many people rushing out to buy an air bow to try and kill deer with. There will be a few for sure but not enough to matter and of those few how many will do it again next season? I just don't see this changing the landscape of hunting in Texas at all.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                      Actually we presented Jim with our air shotgun that can shoot an arrow @ 600 FPS+ if you wanted to. He then turned around and went to the big boys and said lets build an "air bow." The Benjamin is a different design altogether and ugly as sin, but the original idea was ours... Either way we just shoot them for fun, with an arrow occasionally. We have taken a few pigs with it and our air spear gun. I still like my stick and string though!
                      Did you get a patent on yours?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Did you get a patent on yours?
                        No, that's why it wasn't a big deal to us. Benjamin's is completely different design anyway. Ours the arrow is put into the shotgun's barrel, theirs the arrow is slid onto a shaft. Good design, ugly toy, but I like ours better It just struck us odd that almost a year after our meeting with Jim Benjamin announces their "air bow" with... you got it Jim Shockey!

Comment

Here's a boar my dad shot with an air spear gun we built. Needless to say tracking was easy
                          Attached Files

Comment

Not my cup of tea. It's like a crossbow in my opinion (scope, minimal if any form and practice needed). But hey, if it's appealing to someone else, go for it.
                            Some are starting to sound like liberals on here. If you don't agree with it, lets outlaw it (liberal logic). After all, this country was founded on the principle of freedom of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                              No, that's why it wasn't a big deal to us. Benjamin's is completely different design anyway. Ours the arrow is put into the shotgun's barrel, theirs the arrow is slid onto a shaft. Good design, ugly toy, but I like ours better It just struck us odd that almost a year after our meeting with Jim Benjamin announces their "air bow" with... you got it Jim Shockey!
                              Yes this stuff happens if your not careful, ever see this one?! http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...light=killzone

Comment

Working...
                              X