300 BO optimal barrel length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 BO optimal barrel length

So what would be the optimal barrel length if someone was going to build a suppressed AR platform rifle?

Intention would be to use on pigs and majority of shots <100yds

I saw a post on here once but I can't seem to find it

My favorite is 8.2” but you may want to keep it at 16” to avoid sbr

Comment

In for responses ... OP, mind if we add "barrel twist" and "Sub vs super" to the discussion?

Just got my form 4 approved and waiting on my form 1. I've got a Stag Arms SBR. 8.5" bbl

Comment

8.3” is great for suppressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was made for 8” but I have a 16” lightweight one that I harvested 2 does with last year with the Omega 9k on it. I think it weighs less than my fat barreled 8” BO. If you already have other cans it would be cool to build an integrally suppressed one that was 8-9” barrel and a permanently attach can getting it to 16”. Kind of like the Larue SUURG

Comment

I’ve got a 10.5” barrel on my pistol. Get you a KAK industry buffer tube and there is really no need to get a SBR. Mine is a pig killing machine. Shoot the 120gr Remington HP’s and they do the trick

Comment

It was designed on a 9” barrel if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                I’ve got a 10.5” barrel on my pistol. Get you a KAK industry buffer tube and there is really no need to get a SBR. Mine is a pig killing machine. Shoot the 120gr Remington HP’s and they do the trick

Until the gun/fun cops decide shouldering a pistol brace is a felony again.

Comment

I have a factory AAC 9" barreled upper on one of my SBR's. That gun will shoot under moa @ 100 with most everything I have thrown in it. The AAC upper is very light, with my Omega on the end and trail XP 50 on top it has been perfect for me.

Comment

If you do build a pistol use a standard tube and an SBA3 brace that way if you do SBR it you can just pull off the brace and put a stock on the same tube.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                      In for responses ... OP, mind if we add "barrel twist" and "Sub vs super" to the discussion?

Just got my form 4 approved and waiting on my form 1. I've got a Stag Arms SBR. 8.5" bbl
                      Feel free to offer any advice

8.2"?
                      8.3"?
                      How much difference in these and 8.5?

Comment

8-9” barrel is the sweet spot for the Blackout. Make sure it has a pistol length gas system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post

I’m in the same boat as kkp005. Haven’t kilt anything with it yet tho.

Comment

If you start off with a pistol, can you file a form 1 and make it into a SBR?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              Feel free to offer any advice

8.2"?
                              8.3"?
                              How much difference in these and 8.5?
                              0, zip, nadda

Comment

Working...
                              X