Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
    Oh sweet baby Jesus my pulsar scope is on it’s way!!! Should be here by end of the day

All I gotta say (Besides HUGE thanks to Outdoor Legacy) is...
    Hahaha!!! I'm sure everyone in the NV thread is glad you are getting your scope too, however, I'm sure they will miss your daily memes.

Thanks for the business, I hope you enjoy the scope. We want to see some pics of dead hogs!

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
      Hahaha!!! I'm sure everyone in the NV thread is glad you are getting your scope too, however, I'm sure they will miss your daily memes.

Thanks for the business, I hope you enjoy the scope. We want to see some pics of dead hogs!

Jason

Lol I’ll think up a few more for y’all . Will say this I’ll be posting Pics AND videos soon! I took @35remington ‘s advice on converting video and uploaded the first look thru the scope before mounting it. Y’all these scopes are AWESOME! I could spot one of our herd of cows @ 800yds and pick out calves from cows of a different group at @ 345yds!!! Like a lot of folks have said what I saw and what you see in the video is slightly better in person then the video. First night I have off or late start the next day is gonna be bad news for hogs round here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have used my Apex 38 on a couple of hunts now. My deal is different than most of you guys, I hunt in the woods and swamps in Georgia. An X-ray wouldn't see more than 75-100 yards, so my range of use is more limited. I have killed a few armadillos and trash pandas, and Saturday night I got my first hog. I run the NV on an AR in 7.62X39, and I have been amazed at what you can see. Pitch black, no moon, and I can see mice through the trees at 60 yards. Identification of deer versus pig is easy at the 75 yds max before the green world hides everything. Thanks Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
          I have used my Apex 38 on a couple of hunts now. My deal is different than most of you guys, I hunt in the woods and swamps in Georgia. An X-ray wouldn't see more than 75-100 yards, so my range of use is more limited. I have killed a few armadillos and trash pandas, and Saturday night I got my first hog. I run the NV on an AR in 7.62X39, and I have been amazed at what you can see. Pitch black, no moon, and I can see mice through the trees at 60 yards. Identification of deer versus pig is easy at the 75 yds max before the green world hides everything. Thanks Jason!
          That is awesome. If you ever decide to trade up to 640, I would highly recommend the Trail XP38. The 1.2 native magnification will give you an awesome FOV in those woods and swamps.

Comment

Comment

Note to self, use the rangefinder option before pulling the trigger. I thought he was closer, turned out he was 181 feel pretty confident I put some lead in him though

Comment

Note to self, use the rangefinder option before pulling the trigger. I thought he was closer, turned out he was 181 feel pretty confident I put some lead in him though

You will learn distance. A shot that far I woulda aimed alot higher and not on lower 1/4 of his body, to account for bullet drop.

Sneak alot closer next time he wasnt going anywhere

Comment

1) Turn on PIP mode
                  2) Turn off AUTO sensor calibration (set it to semi-auto)
                  3) Get a better rest or hold steadier
                  4) Get back out there!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    You will learn distance. A shot that far I woulda aimed alot higher and not on lower 1/4 of his body, to account for bullet drop.

Sneak alot closer next time he wasnt going anywhere

Gun is sighted in @200, old Nilgai hunting trick we did. Dead on @50, few inches high @100 and dead on again at 200.

I’m going out this evening if work don’t call again too get some ranges on the rangefinder. I definitely could of gotten closer, just didn’t do what I told my guided hunters... “slow is smooth... smooth is fast!”

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    1) Turn on PIP mode

2) Turn off AUTO sensor calibration (set it to semi-auto)

3) Get a better rest or hold steadier

4) Get back out there!

I talked to Jason today, I’m gonna leave it auto and just tap the power button before go time. PIP mode I liked but just leaving in 2.7x or 5.4x. The rest was me fidgeting, again, a lot of my old hunters are probably snickering at me as we speak :lol:

Definitely getting back out there, this scope is what we needed years ago!!!

Comment

Gun is sighted in @200, old Nilgai hunting trick we did. Dead on @50, few inches high @100 and dead on again at 200.

I’m going out this evening if work don’t call again too get some ranges on the rangefinder. I definitely could of gotten closer, just didn’t do what I told my guided hunters... “slow is smooth... smooth is fast!”

I talked to Jason today, I’m gonna leave it auto and just tap the power button before go time. PIP mode I liked but just leaving in 2.7x or 5.4x. The rest was me fidgeting, again, a lot of my old hunters are probably snickering at me as we speak :lol:

Definitely getting back out there, this scope is what we needed years ago!!!

Personally for NV and thermal scopes, most of your shots will be way below that. I rarely shoot over 150 unless its on running follow up pigs

Sneak up alot closer. I try to get 50-60 yards easily if alone. And 60-75 yards if got a few people

The night is your advantage

Comment

Yes sir I’ve noticed that, like you said the zero I did was when they high tail it. When I had to anchor bulls it was a lot easier to just aim and shoot then “ok he’s @ 225+-, I gotta hold???”.

Yesterday I rode around and got some yardage’s too keep in my head. I think growing up here and riding and walking 300ac it don’t feel as far anymore [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Now how cool is that!?

Comment

Now how cool is that!?

That is way past cool bothering on Pure Awesomeness!!

Comment

pretty neat. can now check cows in the dark.

Comment

Has anyone have issues with the WiFi on the pulsars and iPhone? Got a 6+ and it’s saying no internet connection

Comment

Working...
                                X