Headed to Pike county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed to Pike county

Well looks like I won't be hunting the opener of archery here in Texas. My father finally talked me into going to hunt with him at Hadley Creek. After visiting his new property and seeing the area I'm pretty excited. I chose the opener to try and hunt them before they're pressured and while they're still in their feeding patterns. It also doesn't hurt to have closer to Texas weather. I will do my best to do a live hunt when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I like hunting that area. Pike County is some beautiful farmland.

Comment

It sure is.

Comment

I love the live threads from Pike County. Please update!

Comment

I will do my best since cell reception is limited there. I'll be there October 1st

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck, definitely high on my bucket list,,,, I get emails from them weekly The pics they sent you well because you not sleep at night. Lol

Comment

It's worse since I've been there to help my father do some work on his place and seen them first hand. I didn't know it was possible to have buck fever a few months before a hunt lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
                      It's worse since I've been there to help my father do some work on his place and seen them first hand. I didn't know it was possible to have buck fever a few months before a hunt lol.

Nice,
                      definitely do a live hunt if you can so we can keep up with it and good luck.
                      I bowhunt Michigan on my niece and nephews place. had them close but not close enough to shoot they are monsters.

Comment

A little more than two weeks and I'm headed north. I can't wait. This cooler weather is making it feel even closer.

Comment

Getting closer now. I'm headed out next Wednesday to help get everything set up for other hunters. I will be primarily hunting my fathers farm so as not to interfere with other hunters. I will also be helping him get it set up as far as stand placement and scouting while hunting. I can't wait. Here's a satellite view of the farm.

Comment

I thought Hadley Creek was an outfitting service but sounds like your dad is more of a guide/outfitter than a paying hunter

Whatever the case, hope you have a great trip and post lots of pics for us back home

Comment

Congratulations. I have been to Pike Country twice and I will go back someday. It was the best hunting experience I have had. Sitting 20-30 feet in those tall trees is amazing. Good luck, have fun and be safe! Please keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X