Llano River Flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Llano River Flooding

UPDATE 7:30pm- A Flood Warning has been issued for the Llano River. While not expected to reach last weeks levels the river is rising none-the-less.
    LISD will be delaying opening by 2 hours Tuesday morning.
    As of 6:30pm Monday a Flash Flood WARNING has been issued for Llano County until 12:30 am. Many roads are now flooded and some areas that don't normally see flooding are starting to have standing water and flooding may occur. Driving conditions are hazardous as many spots on the roads will have standing water that can cause hydroplaning or divert your vehicle from the road. These will be very hard to see at night and while it is raining. If you must drive, slow down (like it is fog). Every bit of rain that falls for the next few days will run off to creeks or the river or just sit where it is as there is nowhere for it to go. The LCRA has begun floodgate operations at Wirtz and Starke to relieve conditions on LBJ and Lake Marble Falls.

It’s getting really bad over here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know it is bad for you guys, be safe.

Comment

Per the Llano Office of Emergency Management:
        Llano--
        MANDATORY EVACUATIONS for all residents living within 1/4 mile of the North and South banks of the Llano River IMMEDIATELY.

Comment

Feast or famine. Wish we had a way to divert/pump this water where it’s needed.

Comment

We may see a historic flood event on the llano.

Comment

News reporting right now that it will set new record high by at least a few feet.
              Prayers up folks

Comment

Llano River Flooding

The record is 41.5 feet set in 1935.
                Our river house may flood. Fortunately it is vacant.

I’m stuck at home because the low water crossing in my neighborhood is impassible.

Comment

Prayers up for you guys.

Comment

Dang Court, be safe.

Comment

Not good. Hopefully it doesnt get quite as bad as projected.

Comment

The river has reached the bridge in town and it is being closed.
                        Numerous other roads in the area are closed including 2323, 152, and HWY 29 at San Fernando creek,

Comment

Wow, prayers for all those in the area. Stay safe Courtney!

Comment

got over 10 inc of rain at our ranch in last 30 hours. news saying hwy 71 is a big mess from llano to brady. prayers for all

Comment

This is real bad!

Comment

Working...
                              X