Date night, courtesy of TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date night, courtesy of TBH

In particular, Drop Dead Fred. Some of you may have seen the thread where TBH proved once again why we are comprised of some of the best folks Texas could offer. Fred generously offered up a gift card to someone needing a date night with the wife. I was the lucky recipient of said card.

Getting home yesterday from work, the wife and I cleaned up and headed into Austin. As I eluded in my comment on Fred's OP, we have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years now. Fertility procedures were tough on us financially and mentally. So I jumped on the opportunity for a night out upon seeing Fred's post. This was going to be a unwind kind of date night, but little did I know when I said "I'll take it" that it would change in purpose...

Only a few days after receiving the gift card, my wife called me at work and asked if I was sitting down. A rush of emotion hit me as she said those words I've wanted to hear for so long, "we're pregnant!" I couldn't believe it.

So...our unwind night out turned into a celebration dinner with the wife! The food was amazing. The beer was cold (wife had to take my word ) The night was perfect.

Thanks again to Drop Dead Fred for his generosity. Thanks to everyone who prayed for us, and thanks to the Lord. It's early, most people wait till 3 months before announcing. We can't help it, we're too dang excited!!

One small favor to ask; those of you guys who know us personally would you keep it down low till the wife makes her big Facebook announcement. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Congrats again! Exciting times!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Very nice of you Fred! And congratulations to you two!

Comment

Enjoy!

Comment

Congrats to you and the wife. Drop dead fred, I applaud you.

Comment

Congrats! I’m happy for you guys!

Comment

Congrats on the little one, looks like yall had a good time.

Comment

Awesome news. glad y’all could celebrate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Atta boy “li’l Humper!!”

Comment

Congrats and Great gesture from DDF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Very cool!! Congratulations!

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

I was kinda expecting this to be connected to that river trip where the guy was trying to find a date for the girls in the group haha

Anyway, hope ya'll have a blast everybody needs to get out from time to time. Congrats on the new family addition, ya'll better get some of those quiet date nights while you can.

Comment

How cool is that? Kudos for everyone involved!v

Comment

Working...
                              X