My Birthday Buck...got him!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Birthday Buck...got him!

This past Friday was my 65th Birthday. Sitting in the stand, hoping "Big Boy" would come visit....perfect day for it, cool and I'm ready.

Been in the stand since 6am that morning, answered some birthday texts from family...they all knew I was hunting.

Nothing..then 7:05am I saw a Buck walking from a hidden pond site, stopping, smelling, cautious. When he got within around 10 yards of the feeder, I could see he was a good one even without optics. My feeder is just over a 120 yards. It was still a little hazy sun light, but he was at least an 8 and appeared long.

I had been following, by game camera pics, a gorgeous Buck for the past month or so...posted game pics on the GS. But that was all, never saw him "live" and I had spent many a hour waiting for the chance.

Well, it was my birthday and he was a good Buck...so, took the shot with my 6.5 Grendel and he took off in a burst the same direction he had come from. My TBH son texted me from his bow stand asking if I had shot? Told him yep, but did not look like a hit. He said it sounded like a hit to him? Anyway, we waited just in case for about 30 minutes, then Landon showed up along with another lease member and his wife. We started looking, no blood, nothing around the impact site. We all fanned out, I was disappointed...no signs.

Then....Landon yelled out, "Here he is, Buck Down." Again, before I could get to where my son and the buck were...He yelled..."You got Big Boy Dad!"

Heart Lung shot, very little blood where he was down at. Wow, just like the old days...first Buck I have taken in 4 seasons and now the best our lease has ever harvested, so far anyway.

We loaded "Big Boy" up and took him to the area processor/Taxidermist, yep, he's going to be on my wall. The Taxi said he was pushing 140 with 13" G2's, 9 point with a kicker.

A GREAT BD present and I am thrilled.....felt like I was 25 instead of 65! Oh, Bad Knees so no kneeling for the pics. Game camera pics followed by the "real thing."
    Attached Files

Waydago, great buck for the bday

Comment

Congrats on a great buck.

Comment

Congrats!! Glad you got him.

Comment

That’s a good looking buck, Happy Birthday present for sure.

Comment

Dang son! That's a goodin. Congrats

Comment

Awesome buck! Congrats!

Comment

Hot dang you got a super nice buck Kuma!!! Look at you. What a birthday present. Man the buck is majestic. He will look awesome on your wall. Congratulations for getting yourself a Very, very nice one. Happy birthday old man!!!!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

That’s awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Man that is one awesome buck! Congratulations and happy belated!!

Comment

Nice tines.

Comment

Great buck. Love those long tines. BTW. Happy Birthday

Comment

Congrats! Beautiful buck!

Comment

Tallboy!

Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X