Homeless guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeless guy

So I hired a kid to work for me about a monto ago. This kid aint like most 21yo's today. He's "Yessir/No Sir", "Thank You", etc. He works hard, doesn't complain, and is always willing to come in early, stay late. He doesn't have a vehicle, but has somebody drop off/pick up every day.
    He informed me last wk that he no longer has a place to live. He took 1/2 of his last check to buy camping gear, and is using the other half for food.
    I've given him some money & tried to help out as much as I can. I don't know him well enough to let him stay at house with my Bride & I but feel compelled. Would like to find an inexpensive camper, that is in decent, livable condition. There is a KOA just down the road from my shop. My goal is to get him something to live in, let him pay rent (trl & KOA spot).
    Anybody have a trlr for rent or sale?

Wish I could help!!! Prayers are with the young man as he goes through this tough time in his life!

Comment

You are a great person!

Comment

It is refreshing to hear of someone who is trying instead of standing around with their hand out expecting their "entitlement". Hopefully someone will come along and fill his need.

Comment

Sounds like a great guy and will keep him in my prayers for sure. And happy for you that you're willing to lend him a helping hand and help him get back on his feet.

Comment

i wish i had something to help out. SOunds like he needs a little help. Maybe someone can build something on wheels from scratch for him.

Comment

This is great of you!!! Wish I could help

Comment

Originally posted by ElWhompo View Post
                So I hired a kid to work for me about a monto ago. This kid aint like most 21yo's today. He's "Yessir/No Sir", "Thank You", etc. He works hard, doesn't complain, and is always willing to come in early, stay late. He doesn't have a vehicle, but has somebody drop off/pick up every day.
                He informed me last wk that he no longer has a place to live. He took 1/2 of his last check to buy camping gear, and is using the other half for food.
                I've given him some money & tried to help out as much as I can. I don't know him well enough to let him stay at house with my Bride & I but feel compelled. Would like to find an inexpensive camper, that is in decent, livable condition. There is a KOA just down the road from my shop. My goal is to get him something to live in, let him pay rent (trl & KOA spot).
                Anybody have a trlr for rent or sale?
                Sounds like an amazing opportunity from God to show this Kid what Love and compassion is. These opportunities are few and far between, I wish we had not just sold our travel trailer because I would have brought it out in a heart beat.

Comment

Is he in need of any clothing by chance? If so what sizes? Wish I could help

Comment

That is a nice gesture. May God bless all of ya'll

Comment

Ttt!

Comment

Can we find something for this young man. I agree a kid working deserves it.

Comment

Quite the quandary? Was he put out of the house? Is there a backstory?

Comment

Same here

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
                            Is he in need of any clothing by chance? If so what sizes? Wish I could help
                            I don't have a trailer but have lots of 2XL shirts & 42 waist blue jeans that don't fit me now.

Bless You for having a caring heart & a loving spirit.

Comment

Good man. In for the update.

Comment

Working...
                              X