Shaggie Longcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaggie Longcoat

Just got my Shaggie Longcoat from Rancho Safari. Anyone else on here use one? I know that I need to do some shooting with it on and probably some trimming to keep from getting tangled up. Any experiences with it---good or bad?? Thanks,
    Eastex

Ain't got one but have heard some great things about em and want one!

Comment

Works great.

You still have to play the wind, and watch your movement, but you can get durn close.

If you can fool a turkey's eyes you can fool just about anything.
      This little gobbler was one of three standing together, and there were 5 hens between me, and them when I shot.

I've killed a few pigs using mine, but no deer yet.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have had one for 10 yrs. I use it when I sit on the ground spot hunting and during turkey season. We added strips of burlap throughout to give it some lighter colors. I wetted it and dryed it several times to get the fabric to start fraying a little.I works great on Halloween too, be a bush anywhere you want.

Comment

i got one. it smells like burlap and is hotter than hells kitchen.

Comment

The best piece of advice I can give about using one is this -

Make sure you have room to move after the shot.

Most of the time the animal you shoot will have no idea what happened, or where you are, and there is a very good chance it may run right at you.

I've had 3 or 4 pigs almost run right over me after shooting them, and I have a friend of mine in Georgia who had a deer flatten him after shooting it.

Yes - they are that effective.

Rick

Comment

I agree with all that is said above...works great for concelment, but very hot and I can only use it in cold weather. I also had to trim some to make sure I had string clearance.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I put it on and it definitely holds in some body heat. Maybe i'll get a chance to get it trimmed and try it out over the next couple of weeks while it is cool. I'm anxious to give it a try. Best wishes.
                Eastex

Comment

Rick...

You posted a picture I can see the turkey but where are you?? I see a bow floating in the air! Hmmm Rick are you there?

Comment

Where do you get those? Do they come in youth sizes?

Comment

I got mine from Rancho Safari in California. I don't know what sizes are available other than that they sell them according to your height. My order via the internet got messed up so I got a call from Jerry (the owner) and he took my order over the phone. He is a real nice guy and i'm sure he would be able to make you one to fit. There are other manufacturers and some of them are cheaper but sometimes you get what you pay for. Do a search for Rancho Safari and you should find their website.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                        Rick...

You posted a picture I can see the turkey but where are you?? I see a bow floating in the air! Hmmm Rick are you there?
                        LOL
                        ```````````````
                        Deb, I got mine from here:

It isn't the Rancho Safari, but it's a good one.

Mine is also a pull over poncho style instead of a coat.

Comment

Thanks, Rick.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                            Thanks, Rick.
                            You're welcome.

I also think the poncho style will be easier for you to alter to fit if you have to get one larger than needed.

Comment

I think it would be harder to shoot in the pancho style. I can't shoot in my regular pancho, it gets in the way of the string.

Comment

Working...
                              X