Roger Clemons mis-trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    So since there is no additional cost, as you say ... there will no longer be any calls to 'stop wasting tax payer money'... ?
    The reason it gets drop will be because of the pressure put on the Prosecuting Attorney by those elected officials who are getting pressure from their consituents to STOP WASTING TAX PAYER MONEY.
    Not because he's not guilty, not because the PA is bored with the case.
    So , yes... money will be the issue.

How did you come to the conclusion he said "no additional cost"?

I read as "the biggest cost is in the investigation" which is money already spent. The trail cost is a small percentage of the overall cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
      Ignore him, he apparently had a bad experience with a lawyer at some point, so now all lawyers are bloodsucking scumbags.
      I object, hersay your honor

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        I object, hersay your honor
        It is an exception to hearsay as it is a matter of record.

or it isn't hearsay as it isn't offered as proof of the matter, it was offered to keep me out of trouble.

Last edited by BQ93; 07-14-2011, 01:31 PM. Reason: mo stuff

Comment

I would think they have enough evidence to indict Macnamee for perjury, lol.

Wish congress get off the dime and take care of biznesss, "it's the economy stupid" . . . .

Comment

I just cant believe we waste time and money on crap like this!!!

Heres whats happening:

First there are huge problems with our government and budgets.....

Instead of focus on those problems they say hey general public yall are dumb instead of looking over here at the huge drain we have set up ruining our country... Look over there at that kid throwing rocks at a bird... POOR BIRD!

Its insulting that they think we are that stupid! BUT FOR THE MOST PART THE GENERAL PUBLIC IS THAT STUPID!!

Wake up boys and girls... Your votes dont count... Your government doesnt care about you... and nothing is going to change by electing a different president... because its the entire system thats screwed up!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Agreed, except ... He should never been in front of congress in the first place to be put in a position to lie.
              Congress has no business regulating a professional sport.
              Yes I agree but the Dummy agreed to testify and didn't have to. His ego got in the way of his brain.

Yes its a total waste of money. I wish someone would bring more congressmen up on perjury charges for all the lying they do everyday.

Comment

The latest on another trial is because they had already called witnesses to testify in this one, the jeopardy rule will come in and there will be no more court for the same counts against Roger. Most are saying he will not be retried.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  The latest on another trial is because they had already called witnesses to testify in this one, the jeopardy rule will come in and there will be no more court for the same counts against Roger. Most are saying he will not be retried.
                  Having a witness sworn in at a trial attaches DJ to that criminal proceeding. It does not negate any future trial, according to how or why the mistrial occurred.

Merely having a witness does not stop any future trial. That is especially true when a mistrial is declared at the request of the defense, which is what happened in this case.

Intentional prosecutorial misconduct that leads to a mistrial will likely lead to double jeopardy.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                    The whole thing seemed insane to me. Roger Clemens could get up to 30 years for fibbing to Congress about using HGH and Casey Anthony could get time served for lying about killing her baby?

this and yeah its a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      His ego of trying to protect his image is what got him in this position, not Congress.
                      Like Bill Clinton, I think Clemens deserved to be held accountable for lying to Congress...ultimately neither were. Didn't he voluteer (no subpoena) to go in there & lie about his drug use...with a "catch me if you can" attitude tucked under his hat? IMO, if they had him, they should have pressed on with the evidence.

30 years did seem a little extreme, but to let him off the hook doesn't really seem right either...

Comment

Originally posted by m16 View Post
                        this "lying to congress" business is a joke. Have they ever lied to us? What a waste of time and money.
                        all the time!!!!!!!

Comment

IMO, the whole ordeal was a waste of money and time from the get go. Our congress should be concerned about much more important issues like our falling economy, or should I say failing economy, and all that encompsass' it. Chasing baseball players is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                            Ignore him, he apparently had a bad experience with a lawyer at some point, so now all lawyers are bloodsucking scumbags.
                            Apparently they are until one of these clowns need one

Comment

If the government wants to use the money better to catch a criminal, they should look at the obviously modified birth certificate released by Ob on April 27

Comment

Originally posted by Eldog View Post
                                set the rocket free!!!!
                                You said it brother!

Comment

Working...
                                X