No announcement yet.

Field knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look at CFK knives, they are made in England and all the custom knife purists dog them pretty good. I have three and they all perform well but look more expensive than they are. Take and hold an edge well.

Comment

I’d tell my buddy to come up with a new Rat-7 or an Esee 6

Comment

Custom if you can afford. Knives of Alaska.CutCO makes a dang good knife lifetime warranty

Comment

Inexpensive but the one I carry everyday
          Not sure this is the answer you were wanting, but it is good for working and lending to buddies.
          kabar usmc, usmc kabar, best hunting knives, kabar knives for sale, ka bar knives for sale, knives kabar, best outdoor knife, us made knives, combat knives, military knives

Comment

Originally posted by reconman View Post
            Give ESEE knives a look. Extremely nice blades and very good quality. I carry the ESEE 4 back home and the ESEE 6 and ESEE Laser Strike here in the sandbox. Can't say enough good things about them and they have an unconditional lifetime warranty, even if you break it on purpose.

My choice also. My favorite. I carry the Izula daily and the Esee 5 Paratrooper in the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm more of a Gerber or Kershaw guy myself. Then again I've bought one custom knife and still regret it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in favor of custom knives, personally. You tend to get what you pay for. The higher end guys will have thinner grinds, better fit and finish, and better heat treats, generally. The cheaper guys may be thicker edge geometry, more "rustic" styles, and less precise heat treatment.

Of course these are generalizations... there are good customs on the cheaper end, and crappy ones on the more expensive end.

Whatever you do, shop around, and check the reputation of whatever custom folks you are interested in.

Comment

not a huge knife guy but i've got a benchmade bushcrafter that has been a heck of a knife and is what i carry as far as a belt knife.

Comment

Anyone else notice this thread is about three years old? Wonder what knife the OP got

Comment

Originally posted by meat>horns View Post
                      The tom brown tracker is the last knife you want. That's the worst blade design you could want. I have a more maker in 1095 thats a quality blade.

You just dont understand how to use it.

BK 16 is a nice blade to carry. The BK2 is really a sharpened pry bar.

Comment

I have a couple TOPS knives. The CUB which is excellent. and the Brothers of Bushcraft. Both are Excellent. I prefer the B.O.B. for everyday field work, but the CUB is by far my go to for everything else.

I do have the RAT-3 from Ontario Knife Company, and it is a workhorse. Great knife and you can pick it up from Academy now.

Any of these 3 would be excellent field knives.

Comment

Jank Montana skinner knife mine kept getting eyeballed by my lifelong buddy so I bought him one, mind you we both own several brands of knives and several other customs ,but Bob makes a really good sharp work knife that looks good to boot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look up Bush Monkey

Comment

I had one made a few years ago from Shaerk's Knives off Instagram and Facebook. Absolutely killer blade all from my material choices. Thing is shaped well, comfortable to use and built like a tank. Plus it was only like 200 bucks so I wasn't out as much as a full custom. I've since bought several more as gifts and those are used just as hard as mine with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                                Anyone else notice this thread is about three years old? Wonder what knife the OP got
                                I guess no one else noticed it.......

Comment

Working...
                                X