Long Shot Baseball Trip Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Shot Baseball Trip Advice

My wife and I are traveling and trying to visit all of the different baseball parks out there. We are half way through and should be 2/3 of the way at the end of this summer. This summer we are going to hit up Detroit, Toronto, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland and I was wondering if anyone had any connections for tickets in any of those parks. We were also wondering about other things to do in those cities. Any advice from my green screen brothers?
    Thanks,
    Bobby

Cleveland is a nice park. You also have the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame there as well

Comment

Have you been to Wrigley yet? My mom’s cousin, Pat Hughes, is the Cubs radio play by play guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

for attractions: go to Google and type in "Things to do in ______ "

you will see a list of things to choose from. In Detroit you can go see the Henry Ford Museum, Belle Isle Park, Detroit Historical Museum , etc .....
        https://www.google.com/destination/m...tg&trifp=t%3De

for tickets, shop Seat Geek, or StubHub for seats and tickets in your price range. Tickets with QR code will be downloaded on your phone. I did this several times for Cubs and White Sox tickets

Comment

Pittsburg is one of the nicest ballparks, plenty of food and stuff to do around the area there, but try primanti bros. for a sandwich and a cold yuengling! Thank me later

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
            Have you been to Wrigley yet? My mom’s cousin, Pat Hughes, is the Cubs radio play by play guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            We have not been to Wrigley yet. We figure we will get both Chicago's and Milwaukee in the same trip, potentially next summer.

Thanks everyone for the advice, any other specifics for the cities of Detroit, Toronto, Pittsburgh and Cleveland? We will probably do Canton Ohio as well while in the area and the NFL Hall of Fame even thought its a baseball trip. When else are we going to be able to do it.

Comment

Wife and I started this years back and then quit when the current series of new parks were built. Just didn't seem worth the effort any longer.

Comment

Yeah its getting to be ridiculous everyone has to out do everyone else when to tell you the truth, I like the classics the best anyways. Give me Fenway and Dodger Stadium over ATT/PNC/TD Ameritrade/Petco/whatever other corporate sponsor will give me money field. Its still fun though. The wife and I both love the old parks best right now just due to the history there. I will say Atlanta's new one, is kinda cool as far as a new ball park goes. Once we get through them all, the boys will be old enough to join us as we revisit our favorites.

Comment

I would definitely hit the classics... but the new ones are kinda theme-park-ish now..so they have their own experiences...
                  im jealous.. thats a bucket item.

Comment

I've been to games in Cleveland and at the old Tiger Stadium in Detroit. As others have said, check out the R & R Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Progressive Field in Cleveland is a really nice park. Football HOF in Canton is only 30 or so minutes away. You should miss T.O. if you're there late this summer. Plus, Google the Warther Museum and Gardens in Dover, OH. Very cool place. Comerica Park is where the Tigers now play. Like old Tiger Stadium, the new park is in downtown Detroit. I have walked the streets of downtown Detroit after dark to get to my car after a game. I would advise that y'all don't walk the streets of downtown Detroit after dark. Seeing a game in Pittsburgh is on my bucket list. Have fun!

Comment

Great advice. I appreciate all the input.

Comment

Just went to Wrigley. Loved every minute of it

Comment

Head to the ballpark without tickets. 20 minutes before 1st pitch start refreshing stub hub on your phone. Prices will drop hard as 1st pitch gets closer. When the seats you want get down to the price you want to pay you buy them and instant download to your phone. Gate agent will scan them right off your phone screen. I have done this several times, most recently for Yankees at the Mets. Sat behind home plate 17 rows up with my wife and kids for under $100 A ticket. Face value was close to $300 each.

Comment

Working...
                          X