• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****. Was she backstrapped?

Comment

Sorry to hear.

Comment

Depending on how far back the hit was she might survive. I've had deer hit high but not back come back on camera within a few days.

Comment

Sorry to hear, good luck finding her

Comment

Originally posted by santafehillbily View Post
            we found her about 300 yards from the shot the next day but the yotes beat me to her

Good on you for keeping up the search. Sorry the yotes beat you to it. Better luck next time amigo.

Comment

Well I'll tell on myself a little. 20 years ago we were new to the lease we currently hunt and I shot a nice doe one cool 50 deg October morning. I found her after a short bloody trail and field dressed her right where she was and opened her legs to allow cooling. Since we were new to this ranch and it was cool I decided to walk the fence line parameter for a little while to try and get to know the ranch a little and was probably away for 1 1/4 hours checking out the property. I decided to go back and pick up the doe and head to camp. When I walked up to her about 25 buzzards flew off and all that was left were bloody bones. They had picked her clean during that time I was checking out the property. Lesson learned, and I have never let one sit since that day.

Comment

Working...
              X