Artificial/Thatch Grass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artificial/Thatch Grass?

I'm working on an "Outdoor Bar" project down at my house in Crystal Beach and want to decorate the top with artificial palm/thatch grass. The attached pics give you an idea of what I'm doing so does anyone have any idea of where I might find some of the grass? I need about 40' to go around the whole bar. Just thought I'd check out here locally on TBH before just placing an online order .

Thanks,

K-Man
    Attached Files

A couple of years ago I bought some Avery RealGrass mats from Mack's Prairie Wings
    Avery RealGrass Blind Concealment - this stuff is incredible! This woven grass mat material of the Avery RealGrass is ideal for concealing your boat pit top and duck blinds. It's even great for hiding your deer stand or making your own ground blind. Each mat is hand woven from palm leaves using Avery's exclusive knotted weave that can be cut without unraveling. Blends perfectly with cattails cut corn fields hay and barley fields as well as with native grasses. Each mat is woven 4 feet x 4 feet and the additional loose grass gives an overall height of 5 feet. Features: All natural slow-dried palm leaves Ideal for boats pit tops and duck blinds Great for deer stands & ground blinds Hand woven knotted weave will not unravel Blends with cattails corn barley grass etc. Includes 4 mats (Each mat is 4 feet wide x 5 feet tall)...

You could probably cut them to fit - I used them to camo a bow blind

Click image for larger version

Name:	grass.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	377.6 KB
ID:	24546562

Comment

You're looking for palapa type grass...whatever you get make sure its been treated for fire resistance.

Saw the dunes on fire one July 4th

Comment

We supplied materials many years ago for a rodeo cowboy's man cave that had a tiki bar in one corner. I ordered the artificial thatch online and I remember it being EXPENSIVE. That was probably 12 or more years ago. There are probably better sources and options available now. Show us the "after" pics when you're done.

Comment

Working...
        X