Slow Drivers Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
    I think it's new Texans - I've traveled the country and in southern states this is common knowledge but up north not so much!
    It's funny you said that. I recently drove down to Waco from Iowa, and never in my whole entire life have I been stuck behind so many slow people in the left lane then when I got to Texas. I've put tens of thousands of miles on interstates in IA, MN, SD, NE, KS, and MS yet Texans didn't seem to understand how to get out of the way!

Maybe a good question would be what is a typical cruising speed on the interstate in Texas? Up here I usually do 7-10 over, but when I got into Texas if I tried that I had to take my cruise off every 30 seconds for some dingus in the left lane.

Now don't get me wrong, I see it up here too it just seemed to happen much more consistently there.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
      It concerns me that there are so many adults that can't control their emotions over something so trivial.

DJ
      This^^^^. LOL.....Mods should probably close this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
        This^^^^. LOL.....Mods should probably close this thread.
        What? Nobody has even brought up bicyclers yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          You will get pulled over on Hwy 96 between Buna and Silsbee for riding in the left lane. I see it every week.

Glen, I know you have a lot of experience in this field but we had a local accident on Hwy 69/73 in Port Arthur(between the cloverleaf & Academy) a year or two ago along these lines. A lady got really ****** and locked them up on the Highway resulting in a pileup with a fatality. It may have been an Entergy truck perhaps? She was charged with negligent homicide if I remember correctly?
          I remember that one. what an idiot.

Comment

This thread could use a pic of the TBH bike rider girl

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              It is a courtesy to move to the right lane to allow another to pass .

If you drive with your hazard lights on because it's raining or the roads are slick, you deserve to have enough limbs cut off that you can never drive again, and your favorite pet killed. Who are these ****ing people? And why do they not realize how stupid that is?
              Last edited by Dale Moser; 01-11-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Doesn't matter if you're doing 50mph or 150mph, someone behind you in the
                left lane is obviously in a bigger hurry than you. Nobody has time to explain what the rush is while going 50-150mph down the highway or if they just want to speed. The "but I was doing the speed limit" is never going to solve anything! People have to drive faster than the posted speed limit sometimes
                and it shouldn't be your slow left lane driving ***** that prevents that!

Comment

I will never understand the argument against this! No one has ever had another car fall out of the sky and start tailgating them. Everyone of you who complains about people tailgating them acts like it just suddenly happen. When someone comes up from behind you, they have likely been coming from miles away and finally caught to you after finally making past all the other grandmas. If you are paying attention to the traffic around you and not day dreaming or on your phone, you will see cars approaching from a long way off.

I personally always try to make sure whether I’m in traffic or in line at the grocery store that I’m not holding other people up. That’s called courtesy or thoughtfulness. I’m usually the fast driver but sometimes I’m not. When I’m not I try to make sure no one even has to slow down to get past me by simply paying attention behind me as well as in front and to the sides.

I think the biggest problem here is some people are simply scared to death to drive and suck at it, so they are always in panic mode. Others are just out enjoying themselves on a little self interest joy ride and they don’t care that other people might have some place to be and it’s important or urgent that they get there on time.

Here’s another aspect. If I’m in the left lane going 10 mile per hour faster than you and you’re in the left lane. If I slow down to your speed, let’s say 20 car lengths back. Would you ever move out to the left lane? I’d be willing to bet my truck you would stay right where you are. So if I want to go faster than you but you’re in the left lane, am I suppose to call you on your phone and ask you to please move over and let me by? This is exactly what this argument is sounding like. Like we who want to go faster than the left lane cruisers are suppose to somehow ask nicely ask if we may pass you. I can absolutely assure you, if you are complaining about people suddenly running up behind you, then you likely 9 out of 10 times this happens, you have not been paying attention.

Here’s what I know for sure. No one ever ever ever comes up from behind me in the left lane and gets ****** off because I didn’t let them pass me soon enough. This never ever ever happens because I simply don’t want to impose on other people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I think speeders should be shot. Rant over.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                      I will never understand the argument against this! No one has ever had another car fall out of the sky and start tailgating them. Everyone of you who complains about people tailgating them acts like it just suddenly happen. When someone comes up from behind you, they have likely been coming from miles away and finally caught to you after finally making past all the other grandmas. If you are paying attention to the traffic around you and not day dreaming or on your phone, you will see cars approaching from a long way off.

I personally always try to make sure whether I’m in traffic or in line at the grocery store that I’m not holding other people up. That’s called courtesy or thoughtfulness. I’m usually the fast driver but sometimes I’m not. When I’m not I try to make sure no one even has to slow down to get past me by simply paying attention behind me as well as in front and to the sides.

I think the biggest problem here is some people are simply scared to death to drive and suck at it, so they are always in panic mode. Others are just out enjoying themselves on a little self interest joy ride and they don’t care that other people might have some place to be and it’s important or urgent that they get there on time.

Here’s another aspect. If I’m in the left lane going 10 mile per hour faster than you and you’re in the left lane. If I slow down to your speed, let’s say 20 car lengths back. Would you ever move out to the left lane? I’d be willing to bet my truck you would stay right where you are. So if I want to go faster than you but you’re in the left lane, am I suppose to call you on your phone and ask you to please move over and let me by? This is exactly what this argument is sounding like. Like we who want to go faster than the left lane cruisers are suppose to somehow ask nicely ask if we may pass you. I can absolutely assure you, if you are complaining about people suddenly running up behind you, then you likely 9 out of 10 times this happens, you have not been paying attention.

Here’s what I know for sure. No one ever ever ever comes up from behind me in the left lane and gets ****** off because I didn’t let them pass me soon enough. This never ever ever happens because I simply don’t want to impose on other people.

Common Courtesy. Un-fortunately it's going the way of common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                        I'm not sure "idiot speeder" is the correct term. Idiot slow driver and idiot blocking left lane is correct. If no one is in the left lane and I am speeding then I do not bother anyone.
                        I do not think you read in to the sarcasm. Both illegal. I pull over to let cars pass. For "the few" bravado guys on here that talk about almost clipping bumpers and such, well, they are just as much a problem on the highways we drive on. I drive about 750-1000 miles a week. I do not care for people holding up the left lane as well but I will not tailgate them because they will not move anyways. I just wait for my opportunity to pass. I don't get mad about it like most folks here according to the feedback. It is comical but it works both ways. Fast drivers, slow drivers, someone is going to wreck either way. Happens every day. Nothing going to change because people already feel the way they do. It's life 101.

Comment

People <••••••• Not a big fan

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post

Well we know who tailgates now.

And you would lose your truck in that bet BTW. I get over to pass and get back over as soon as it's safe to.

When I'm trying to cruise 5 mph over the limit or so and the slow people (you know the actual slow ones going under the speed limit, not those already breaking the law going 5 over) are going 5 under in the right lane I have just as much right to pass them as you speedsters do. If you don't like the speed at which I'm already illegally passing them then too freaking bad. Keep on tailgating and I will pass even slower.

Comment

Slow Drivers Rant

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Well we know who tailgates now.

And you would lose your truck in that bet BTW. I get over to pass and get back over as soon as it's safe to.

When I'm trying to cruise 5 mph over the limit or so and the slow people (you know the actual slow ones going under the speed limit, not those already breaking the law going 5 over) are going 5 under in the right lane I have just as much right to pass them as you speedsters do. If you don't like the speed at which I'm already illegally passing them then too freaking bad. Keep on tailgating and I will pass even slower.

Now we know who cares about them self and no one else.
                              Last edited by Cajun shooter; 01-11-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                                My biggest peeve is the guy tailgating me, because Im following right behind the car in front of me.
                                When somebody rides my arse in that situation I suddenly feel the need to spray some wiper fluid on my windshield. About 10 seconds later they turn on their wipers. About 30 seconds later I do it again...and again. They usually back off, especially if they are city folks worried about water spots on their car.

Comment

Working...
                                X