Keechi Creek WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
    Anyone have any luck at Keechi this year? I was selected for the November 15-24 hunt. Does anyone have a map of the place? I won’t have an ATV but do have a truck with 4x4, so I may have to walk for a while.
    Shoot me a text mdoug1076 8505988644

Comment

Suirrel!!

Originally posted by TexOddball View Post
      Got drawn for a squirrel hunt out there this year, never been there before, what’s the terrain like?
      I was drawn for this e-postcard hunt this year. How as it last year? Any "honey holes" you care to share?

Comment

My son was drawn for the hunt Thanksgiving weekend! We know nothing about the area so we will be riding on hope and drawing a good compartment I guess. He’s 9 and super excited!

Comment

Keechi is a neat place. I drew with a buddy for the third e-postcard archery hunt period. We camped out there and hunted a few days during the week once most of the other folks were gone. We saw deer every sit and just driving around the area. We got around pretty well in 4wd. He tagged a little 3-pointer and I shot a doe. Things may change as the season progresses and pressure increases, but it seemed to me the deer weren’t avoiding the roads and could be found without venturing too far off the path.

A word of advice: download a maps app (onX, HuntWise, etc) and download the offline map before you go. There’s essentially no cell service out there. Drop a pin on your spot and you can walk straight to it in the dark.

Also, follow the written driving directions exactly. Google maps will take you to a private gate on the opposite side of the wma, which is 45 minutes from the correct entrance going roughly double the speed limit. Ask me how I know... we made it to orientation with 2 minutes to spare.
          Last edited by 30-30; 11-08-2020, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Doe.
            Attached Files

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have StandBy's been picked or been full each time? Thinking about heading up there this Friday on 3 hours of sleep after working nights if a chance for a standby spot.

Comment

Two showed up for standby at ours, and both got to hunt. You might call ahead and ask if any spots weren’t paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                    Two showed up for standby at ours, and both got to hunt. You might call ahead and ask if any spots weren’t paid for.
                    10/4 will call tomorrow. Thanks

Comment

My son and I are gearing up for our hunt 11/25-29th. Anyone heard of any bucks being taken??

Comment

How did the youth hunt go?

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                          How did the youth hunt go?
                          Such a awesome place! My son and I saw LOT'S of deer, and he ended up taking a small buck Saturday evening. Unfortunately, he was shy of 13". He came busting in chasing a doe and I made the bad call. After talking with the warden "which was super nice" he let us go with a warning. My son couldn't have been more excited though and we had a good long talk on the way home about making decisions and being sure to follow the rules. We only saw 2 bucks on the hunt but lot's of does. 2 thumbs up to Ryan for being super cool and explaining everything in orientaion. Met some good people and I hope they ended up tagging a few as well!

Comment

Working...
                          X