Center Serving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Center Serving

I use a release and shoot off the string and am having a little problem with the serving separating where the release attaches to the string. I really don't think my serving needs replacing because it isn't frayed at all. I was just wondering if anyone has ever worked the serving back together and then heated it slightly to eliminate this problem. I don't know if that will even work, but I thought it might be something to try. The serving is very tight on the string like it should be but after 10-15 shots I can see a small gap between the wraps in the serving. I appreciate anyone's input.

try a string loop, alot less string wear..

Comment

Get the serving replaced then install a string loop.

Comment

Sometimes when the serving gets loose its a sign of one or two things. The strands, one or more have broken under the serving, or the string has stretched out, making a smaller diameter of the string under the serving. As others have stated, have it reserved or if the string is more than 2yrs old replace it. If you do that now it will be broke in for the season!

Comment

Don't heat the serving up, it will not do anything for you.

You can reserve the string, when the serving is off you/they can see what's happening to the string under it and decide to do it or replace the string.

Comment

You can replace the serving and string if necessary and add a d loop, when adding the d-loop it will put your release directly behind the arrow and keep your serving/string from damage due to the release.

If you replace the string you will have all off season to tune up the bow

Comment

Remove and reserve is the best. As they have said replace the string and cables if over 2 years old.

Comment

Do you have to remove your string to add a loop?

Comment

You don't need to remove the string to put on a loop. It would be hard to install a loop with out the string being tight.

Comment

You need to reserve even if you install a loop. Remove old serving, inspect string, wax string under serving area, and then serve TIGHTLY.

Hint, use an index card, put the tip of the card in you peep and then mark the card where it hits you knock points or release loop. With this you can reserve and put everything back where it was and save a lot of tuning.

Comment

Remember that if you go to a loop, you're automatically adding at least 1/2" to your draw.

This is why I cut off my loop (it forced my draw to be too long for me). Then I added serving because otherwise, you will decrease the life of your string.

Comment

Originally posted by Starpost9 View Post
                        Remember that if you go to a loop, you're automatically adding at least 1/2" to your draw.

This is why I cut off my loop (it forced my draw to be too long for me). Then I added serving because otherwise, you will decrease the life of your string.
                        depends on which release you are shooting, if you are using a hook style like the short N sweet or a scott silverhorn you can tie a loop that will not add 1/4". Also if you use a release like one of the ones above you will not notice a diff in draw length because the head is short and lets you shoot a longer draw with the same anchor that a shorter draw lenth longer release will have.

Comment

I may get hammered for this, but if the serving is done right and served on tight, then it will not slip and you will not have to add a loop. There is a way that i serve that I can almost gaurantee that it will not slip, never had a problem in my shop and this was befoe loops were used.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            I may get hammered for this, but if the serving is done right and served on tight, then it will not slip and you will not have to add a loop. There is a way that i serve that I can almost gaurantee that it will not slip, never had a problem in my shop and this was befoe loops were used.
                            I agree with you.I think the biggest problem is the strings stretch and Matthews is the worst.IMO

Comment

Working...
                            X