No announcement yet.

Age and Score on 3 beam buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant measure memories by age and inches!

hes a goodun. if he gives u that funny feelin, choot him. if not, let him walk.

Comment

4.5-5.5 150s. Awesome deer!! Best of luck!

Comment

right at 150 4.5

Comment

Did anyone answer the question about how you score a double beam like that?

Comment

Originally posted by MDMEADTX View Post
            4.5 and mid 50s. It wouldn't surprise me if he broke 160
            Agreed. I am guessing mid to high 150s

Comment

The 3rd main beam will just be a non typical point addition. No different than the kicker off his left g2.

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
                Did anyone answer the question about how you score a double beam like that?
                If it is a true separate 3rd beam it is unscoreable per B&C rules. Not sure how P&Y handles it. If it is sharing a base or coming from the bottom of the main beam it is scored as a non-typical point.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  If it is a true separate 3rd beam it is unscoreable per B&C rules. Not sure how P&Y handles it. If it is sharing a base or coming from the bottom of the main beam it is scored as a non-typical point.
                  True, if the 3rd main beam has a separate pedicle, it is unscorable by B&C standards. I've only seen one of these that I couldn't score formally.

Comment

The deer I couldn't score was as typical as they come. Large 10 pt with a small 3 inch unicorn point between the main beams that laid down flat backwards. Beautiful deer, 170 incher from Kinney county.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                      True, if the 3rd main beam has a separate pedicle, it is unscorable by B&C standards. I've only seen one of these that I couldn't score formally.
                      Yeah I was with a guy that shot what should have been a 21 point 196" non typical. Unfortunately for him(at least score wise) it had a unicorn type point about 5" long that kept it from being scored. Silly rule I think. It should be counted as a non typical point in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Yeah I was with a guy that shot what should have been a 21 point 196" non typical. Unfortunately for him(at least score wise) it had a unicorn type point about 5" long that kept it from being scored. Silly rule I think. It should be counted as a non typical point in my opinion.
                        I agree, silly rule.

Comment

Working...
                        X