No announcement yet.

Is it simply physics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminal-T's and field points both in a 10 ring at 70 yards.

Comment

my bh usually shoot at the bottom of the group of fp and bh. i think its do to the increased surface area of bh causing more drag. but its not enough for me to worry bout.

Comment

vertical stringing can be a sign of a cam rotation or sync issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
          I shoot broadheads and field tips the same to 70-80yds.Not knowing any details(like arrow spine,rest,poundage,etc.)try raising your nock pt. slightly until your BHs and FP meet up at 70Yds. Paper tuning is just a starting point! Might be all you need but you can also have to make some slight adjustments after you paper tune.
          If his BHs hit lower, he needs to lower his nock point, not raise it.

Comment

tuning candidly improved my arrow flight, penetration and groups.

Comment

Originally posted by skooter View Post
              Will the tuning mentioned above not hurt my bow's performance? It took me a while to get it to where it would consistently shoot fixed blade heads with my field tips. Also, if it doesn't hurt it, what would be the difference in moving the nock point up/down versus moving the rest up/down?

tks
              skooter
              Shouldn't be much of a difference. I would move your rest however unless you use a bow square and realize that the placement of your "D" loop is WAY off. You move the rest for the small adjustments and move your nock for big adjustments basically.

Comment

I'm no bow pro by any means, but I've experienced the same over the years with bows that I know were tuned. I've found that the shorter BH's fly closer(windage wise) to my field points at long distances while the longer broadheads do seem to hit lower in comparison to the field points and short heads. I've always chocked it up as the longer head at the same weight changes the arrow front of center which causes the low misses? The main head I've seen hit lower out past 40-50 yards were the Vortex broadheads which are very long. Again no pro just my experiences.

Comment

Working...
                X