Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #1151
Snacks
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

I've been going pretty strong with only a few setbacks.
I am at 216lbs now, up from 203lbs when I started, but I have lost around 8% BF. I need to put on about 9 more lbs and lost a little bit more BF before mid-June, but I think it will be doable.
Snacks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #1152
TexaRican
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky

New restaurant by my hood has Back Pew Hopostle on tap. Needless to say Iím having a cheat meal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TexaRican is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 01:00 PM   #1153
crawdaddct
Ten Point

Hunt In: Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
New restaurant by my hood has Back Pew Hopostle on tap. Needless to say Iím having a cheat meal

Don't call it cheating, call it living. Cant give up on everything, you just have to know the consequences.
crawdaddct is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 01:17 PM   #1154
crawdaddct
Ten Point

I'm now down 75 lbs. Only 25 left to go. I see a lot of people on here posting about getting stuck. I plateaued for about a month, all of February. I broke it by eating a Dairy Queen Large dipped cone. Then fasted for 24 hours. Started back on Keto. Lost five pounds that week. I always make the mistake of cutting back too far. Don't cut back on food. I've been watching this one doctor on YouTube. He builds the case that cutting back on calories makes your metabolism slow down. Your body knows how much it has to burn and it adjust. You keep your fat calories up. I also notice I get stuck when I eat too much protein. Staying fat adaptive is the key. Your body would rather burn protein or sugar.

My wife was worried about me too, since I have some heart problems. Last month my test results showed my cholesterol was the lowest its ever been. Get to eat bacon every day. Does blow people minds.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:25 PM   #1155
crawdaddct
Ten Point

Quote:
Well, I tried the body shock approach to plateau busting on Saturday. Donít know if it worked because Iím not touching a scale until my physical this Friday. Rucked 5.35 yesterday with 50lbs and my hands looked like cartoon balloon hands or something. (Saturday Italian meal)
Anyway, wife has now joined me on the diet so I expect great things. She will research recipes and cook up all kinds of new dishes

I was all excited my wife's doctor told her to get on the diet. I've been doing it alone for eight months. Finally, we could be on the same page. She didn't last a week, so I still have to do my own cooking. Last night I made a loaf of cheddar cheese and broccoli bread. Good stuff.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:55 PM   #1156
TexaRican
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdaddct View Post
I was all excited my wife's doctor told her to get on the diet. I've been doing it alone for eight months. Finally, we could be on the same page. She didn't last a week, so I still have to do my own cooking. Last night I made a loaf of cheddar cheese and broccoli bread. Good stuff.
Mine cooks the diet for me whether she's doing it or not. If we have chicken, she might add some butter to the grill or put goat cheese in mine while her's stays lean. Then she does squash, cauliflower or green veggies for sides so it can really fit keto or whatever she's on. Heck, if not for my wife I'd still be living on beer and Cheetos.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:20 PM   #1157
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Knee Deep Salty Water

1/2 pound bacon swiss burger with Portabella mushrooms for buns and a slice of baked eggplant. Placed some sliced pickled jalapeno and garlic on eggplant, covered with slice of cheese and baked.
Rack Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #1158
crawdaddct
Ten Point

Quote:
Mine cooks the diet for me whether she's doing it or not. If we have chicken, she might add some butter to the grill or put goat cheese in mine while her's stays lean. Then she does squash, cauliflower or green veggies for sides so it can really fit keto or whatever she's on. Heck, if not for my wife I'd still be living on beer and Cheetos.
The problem I have is my wife doesn't eat most veggies. Its either corn or green beans, that's it. So I can eat green beans every night, or make my own food. LOL
Old 04-30-2018, 04:18 PM   #1159
crawdaddct
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
1/2 pound bacon swiss burger with Portabella mushrooms for buns and a slice of baked eggplant. Placed some sliced pickled jalapeno and garlic on eggplant, covered with slice of cheese and baked.
That sounds good, I'm so dang hungry. The other night I made a peanut butter muffin in a cup.

3 TB Peanut butter (no sugar added kind)
1 egg
1 TSP baking power
Stevia to taste

Mix together in a coffee cup and microwave for 1 min.

When it comes out, butter on top. Dang that was good.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:32 PM   #1160
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I'm going to continue Keto through the end of this month (I plan to break it at Michaela's engagement party on the 28th!) at which time I will check blood work against my results from last October. I can't decide if I want to continue Keto after that or just transition to a clean eating "maintenance" diet.
I had blood work done last Friday and then had a "reward" weekend to break Ketosis.

Today I got a call from my doctor's office. Since my last visit in November, I lost 22 lbs, my BP was 112/77 and all my blood work looked good...except for cholesterol, which was 329, total. Historically, I have high-ish cholesterol, although my LDL:HDL ratio is pretty good. My November numbers were as follows:

HDL - 73
LDL - 150
Total -247

My PA was ok with those numbers, as my risk factor was 3.38, and she said she likes to see it below 5.

After Friday's test, my numbers were:

HDL - 82
LDL -220

The PA wants to put me on Statin, but I opted not to.

After some research today, I'm coming to the conclusion that cholesterol, and even LDL, isn't necessarily "bad." My ratio is still good, with a risk factor of 4.01.

I'm not sure when I'll resume Keto, but I won't let the current cholesterol numbers be a deterrent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 08:56 PM   #1161
CassCounty
Four Point

My Wife started the keto diet about 7-8 months ago after going through some health issues and gaining 50 lbs. She was taking really high doses of steroids. She has lost 60 lbs so far. I started it 4 months ago and am down 46 lbs. Her numbers are great. I have an appointment in a couple weeks so I will see how my numbers are running. I can say this is the easiest diet to stay on that I have tried. I have been walking a few miles every day and working out at the gym 4-5 days a week.
CassCounty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 09:17 PM   #1162
SCREAMINREELS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brenham, SHNF

I'm doing it about half way.not counting the fats, (I can't wrap my head around high fat not clogging arteries)I'm just keeping carbs and sugars as low as I can. Buddy got me on it right before Easter. Been weighing every Monday, talking to him and reading ideas here as well.
4 full weeks and I'm 14lbs down. Today i weighed for week 5 and only lost 1lb this week but it's still moving. I like it. It's easy other than this weekend. Group went fishing with chips, dips, beer etc all weekend I cheated but enjoyed it.

Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 04-30-2018 at 09:20 PM.
SCREAMINREELS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2018, 10:58 PM   #1163
SKLOSS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anderson & Coleman Counties

Had a rash pop up on the back of my left elbow last Sat. Then my right on Sun. I knew it wasnít poison ivy since I hadnít been in the woods or anywhere around it. Then it showed up on my left bicep, around the edge of both armpits, and my inner right thigh. Went to the dermatologist on Tue, and she said I came into contact with something. No way to determine what it was, but She prescribed a steroid cream. Steroid cream was working great and then tonight I noticed it had popped up on the backs of both knees. W T H?? I asked my wife if she changed detergents. ďNoĒ. Then she asked me if I thought it could be related to keto. So I googled it and sure enough there is a rash associated with being in ketosis for extended periods of time. No one knows exactly what causes it, but there is a definite correlation. Could be a mineral deficiency. Could be related to fasting too often. Could be almond overdose. Or any number of things.

So if you get a rash, it might be the ketosis. Crazy!! Guess Iíll be taking a break from the diet for a while. Dang the luck!

https://www.perfectketo.com/keto-rash/

SKLOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #1164
Michael
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKLOSS View Post
Had a rash pop up on the back of my left elbow last Sat. Then my right on Sun. I knew it wasnít poison ivy since I hadnít been in the woods or anywhere around it. Then it showed up on my left bicep, around the edge of both armpits, and my inner right thigh. Went to the dermatologist on Tue, and she said I came into contact with something. No way to determine what it was, but She prescribed a steroid cream. Steroid cream was working great and then tonight I noticed it had popped up on the backs of both knees. W T H?? I asked my wife if she changed detergents. ďNoĒ. Then she asked me if I thought it could be related to keto. So I googled it and sure enough there is a rash associated with being in ketosis for extended periods of time. No one knows exactly what causes it, but there is a definite correlation. Could be a mineral deficiency. Could be related to fasting too often. Could be almond overdose. Or any number of things.

So if you get a rash, it might be the ketosis. Crazy!! Guess Iíll be taking a break from the diet for a while. Dang the luck!

https://www.perfectketo.com/keto-rash/

Wow! Thanks for the 411.

I stopped Keto last weekend and then got a call from my dr's office about my high cholesterol and wanting to put me on statins. I initially decided to stay off Keto for awhile to see if it self regulated. Then I started researching high cholesterol and am both fascinated and alarmed at what newer studies have revealed about the relationship (or lack of) between cholesterol and heart disease, and yet statin drugs remain the #1 prescribed rx in the US.

If you have cholesterol issues you may find this compelling.

http://youtu.be/-QwD4xoSmRg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:03 AM   #1165
Casey
Administrator

Quote:
Wow! Thanks for the 411.

I stopped Keto last weekend and then got a call from my dr's office about my high cholesterol and wanting to put me on statins. I initially decided to stay off Keto for awhile to see if it self regulated. Then I started researching high cholesterol and am both fascinated and alarmed at what newer studies have revealed about the relationship (or lack of) between cholesterol and heart disease, and yet statin drugs remain the #1 prescribed rx in the US.

I believe that's the guy my Dad has followed religiously lately. As much research as Pop has done, he's been poopooing the high cholesterol stuff for over a decade. I, for one, do not believe it's the culprit in heart disease.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #1166
tex4k
Ten Point

Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
I believe that's the guy my Dad has followed religiously lately. As much research as Pop has done, he's been poopooing the high cholesterol stuff for over a decade. I, for one, do not believe it's the culprit in heart disease.
I don't remember details but was reading about some study that persons with the proper high cholesterol are way less likely to have Alzheimer's, the brain and nervous system are loaded with fats and cholesterol and require them for proper function.
tex4k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2018, 04:08 PM   #1167
icetrauma
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dreams

It also takes your body a while to 100%, not just fat adapt, to keto. The importance of cholesterol in your diet and body is more than what the medical community wants to admit. Any knew way of thinking is always met with resistance because well, their is a pill for that and everything for a pill. Not all cholesterol is bad.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2018, 06:04 PM   #1168
TexaRican
Pope & Young

Taking a break for 2-3 weeks and transitioning to clean eating. Been stalled for a while now and with the hot weather I just canít seem to stay hydrated. Been craving fruit and plan to enjoy some summer cantaloupe and watermelon.
Ran my PB 5k this morning and it sure is easier with carbs in the body

Old 05-06-2018, 06:33 PM   #1169
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress

Quote:
Taking a break for 2-3 weeks and transitioning to clean eating. Been stalled for a while now and with the hot weather I just canít seem to stay hydrated. Been craving fruit and plan to enjoy some summer cantaloupe and watermelon.
Ran my PB 5k this morning and it sure is easier with carbs in the body

I am going to start just a clean eating diet tomorrow. Lean meats health fats and some good carbs thrown in. I didnít like the way I felt on Keto. I have to do something to get back into shape tho.

JTeLarkin08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-09-2018, 09:55 AM   #1170
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

Default Building muscle in ketosis

Anyone out there trying or have tried building muscle in ketosis or just loosing fat. I tried it in the past and maintained my muscle mass but could not build. I'm going to try 75% fat 20 % protein 5% carb but my protein intake is going to be at least 130gr or 520 calories which is .7 gram of protein per lb of body weight.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #1171
icetrauma
Ten Point

Quote:
Anyone out there trying or have tried building muscle in ketosis or just loosing fat. I tried it in the past and maintained my muscle mass but could not build. I'm going to try 75% fat 20 % protein 5% carb but my protein intake is going to be at least 130gr or 520 calories which is .7 gram of protein per lb of body weight.
I would up the protein a little more. Fat 65 protein 30 carbs 5.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:17 PM   #1172
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

I'll start out and give it a try, last time I had a hard time consuming all the calories because the Keto diet makes me feel full all the time. Dropping the fat may help some with that???
Old 05-09-2018, 07:33 PM   #1173
icetrauma
Ten Point

Quote:
I'll start out and give it a try, last time I had a hard time consuming all the calories because the Keto diet makes me feel full all the time. Dropping the fat may help some with that???
Itís worth a shot. Let us know how it goes
Old 05-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #1174
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Quote:
Wow! Thanks for the 411.

If you have not read "wheat belly", it's worth a read. It talks a lot about the issues caused by the increased intake of "wheat" which lead to obesity and the effects as to cardiovascular health issues along with diabetes. I only have it electronically or I would offer to ship it to you. There are a lot of studies sighted by the author as proof of what is actually the leading causes of obesity and health issues we face today. I have not actually taken the time to read the studies but the evidence offered up by the author appears reasonable to me.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #1175
TexaRican
Pope & Young

I'm back in today. Actually, about 18 hours into a fast. Plan to run after work and then have bacon and eggs for dinner which always gets me back in ketosis quickly.
With not even a full week off, I feel like crap. I just don't have the will power to "eat healthy" when I'm off keto now. The debauchery culminated with stuffed plantains and top shelf margaritas last night but that was celebrating 20 years with the old lady so I give myself a pass.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:31 PM   #1176
Michael
Administrator

I was out for just under a week, with a plan to transition to "clean eating". I could tell a difference in my energy levels during the time I was out and until I got back into ketosis. My biggest problem is that I continue to drop lbs., especially since I've started working to get into "elk shape." I can't seem to consume enough calories! I'm down to 184...6# UNDER my goal weight.

Old 05-13-2018, 11:45 PM   #1177
SKLOSS
Pope & Young

Quote:
I was out for just under a week, with a plan to transition to "clean eating". I could tell a difference in my energy levels during the time I was out and until I got back into ketosis. My biggest problem is that I continue to drop lbs., especially since I've started working to get into "elk shape." I can't seem to consume enough calories! I'm down to 184...6# UNDER my goal weight.

Thatís a helluva problem to have!!

I took a week off as well to deal with this rash issue. Itís cleared up. I was definitely sluggish all week. Didnít consume a crazy amount of sugar, but did eat more breads/tortillas and tators. Looking fwd to getting back on the keto train.

Old 05-13-2018, 11:48 PM   #1178
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Quote:
I am starting back up tomorrow. My problem with Keto is always the weekends. I like to have a few whiskey and cokes and it screws me up completely.. Im gonna not drink at all the next 2-3 weeks and see how keto goes
Old 05-14-2018, 08:12 AM   #1179
TexaRican
Pope & Young

The young'un is coming home from UT today and all 3 of us plan to keto-melt the summer away. Momma cooked up some bacon and eggs last night and vows to keep keto-friendly snacks fresh in the fridge. New gym memberships and looking at a boot camp too! Meanwhile I'm about to spend the rest of the week fighting temptations in Vegas followed by another booze drenched tradeshow in Tampa next week.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #1180
wags
Ten Point

Hunt In: Goliad County

Yesterday was the end of my 11th week on keto. The scale reads just a little over 51 lbs. lost. My goal is to lose another 30 lbs, but I definitely may not stop there. This really has been the easiest thing I have ever done to lose weight. The one thing I haven't done yet is to incorporate exercise in to the equation. I stay plenty busy, but actually want to start exercising to see what happens.

In three weeks we are taking a cruise. I will not worry about keto while we are on vacation. It will be very interesting to see how I feel by not being on keto for nine days. It will also be very interesting to see how I react to alcohol again. I haven't had any in 11 weeks either.
wags is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #1181
wags
Ten Point

Hunt In: Goliad County

Double post...sorry.

Last edited by wags; 05-14-2018 at 10:04 AM.
wags is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 09:30 AM   #1182
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

Great job man, keep up the hard work. Exercise, especially HIIT will help you loose the last 30 for sure. G-Luck.

Dwight Yoakum knocked me out of Keto Saturday night. I made Fat Head Pizzas for Mothers Day and everyone loved them. Fasting today and should be back in tomorrow. One thing is certain about Keto, that is we are all a little different, I can come back into Ketosis a lot quicker than my wife and I can also have more carbs without getting kicked out. Frustrates her to no end.

Have Ya'll watched "The Magic Pill" on Netflix yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
Yesterday was the end of my 11th week on keto. The scale reads just a little over 51 lbs. lost. My goal is to lose another 30 lbs, but I definitely may not stop there. This really has been the easiest thing I have ever done to lose weight. The one thing I haven't done yet is to incorporate exercise in to the equation. I stay plenty busy, but actually want to start exercising to see what happens.

In three weeks we are taking a cruise. I will not worry about keto while we are on vacation. It will be very interesting to see how I feel by not being on keto for nine days. It will also be very interesting to see how I react to alcohol again. I haven't had any in 11 weeks either.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #1183
SKLOSS
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post

Congrats on the loss! Wish I could lose that fast.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:36 PM   #1184
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Ok guys I keep wavering on if I want to go Keto or just eating clean. I am going to give Keto one full month. I started today and i am gonna be super strict and not drink the next month and see how it goes. My goal is to get down to 190. Iím about 220 right now. Wish me luck.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:01 PM   #1185
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
Ok guys I keep wavering on if I want to go Keto or just eating clean. I am going to give Keto one full month. I started today and i am gonna be super strict and not drink the next month and see how it goes. My goal is to get down to 190. Iím about 220 right now. Wish me luck.

Best of luck to you Sir. You can get it done
Old 05-14-2018, 07:14 PM   #1186
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Best of luck to you Sir. You can get it done

Dinner tonight. Two eggs half a avocado sauerkraut and pronghorn steaks.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:21 PM   #1187
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Quote:
Dinner tonight. Two eggs half a avocado sauerkraut and pronghorn steaks.

That looks awesome!
Old 05-14-2018, 08:27 PM   #1188
HighwayHunter
Six Point

Started the Keto diet the day after Easter. Lost 28lbs since then. Started the diet at 310 and hope to be at 250 by bow season so I wonít have to worry about bending any trees over this bow season.

HighwayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 08:28 PM   #1189
HighwayHunter
Six Point

Also tried egg roll in a bowl today for the first time. Keto friendly meal that takes 20 minutes to make. That is my new favorite along side cheeseburger casserole.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:30 PM   #1190
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHunter View Post
Also tried egg roll in a bowl today for the first time. Keto friendly meal that takes 20 minutes to make. That is my new favorite along side cheeseburger casserole.

If you have a link share those please

Old 05-14-2018, 09:43 PM   #1191
HighwayHunter
Six Point

Quote:
If you have a link share those please

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ketogas...wl-recipe/amp/

https://lowcarbyum.com/bacon-cheeseburger-casserole/

Go easy on the tomato paste in the cheeseburger casserole and add in some Worcestershire sauce with the meat as it goes into baking tray. I like putting onions in mine and then guacamole on it after I pull it out of the oven.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:45 PM   #1192
HighwayHunter
Six Point

Quote:
Great job man, keep up the hard work. Exercise, especially HIIT will help you loose the last 30 for sure. G-Luck.

Dwight Yoakum knocked me out of Keto Saturday night. I made Fat Head Pizzas for Mothers Day and everyone loved them. Fasting today and should be back in tomorrow. One thing is certain about Keto, that is we are all a little different, I can come back into Ketosis a lot quicker than my wife and I can also have more carbs without getting kicked out. Frustrates her to no end.

Have Ya'll watched "The Magic Pill" on Netflix yet?

I watched the magic pill. While Iím a huge Keto fan I believe that ďdocumentaryĒ was very dishonest.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:12 PM   #1193
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHunter View Post
I watched the magic pill. While Iím a huge Keto fan I believe that ďdocumentaryĒ was very dishonest.

What did you think was dishonest about it.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:15 PM   #1194
HighwayHunter
Six Point

Quote:
What did you think was dishonest about it.

How they claimed the autistic kids were ďcuredĒ by a Keto diet. They didnít include how long those kids were in speech therapy or when they started actively working on said problems. They seem to have measured it as once they started a Keto diet this kid learned how to read and write. Never said when he began working with a specialist, or any other important comparable factors. It was interesting but I kinda tuned out after they skipped over all of that very pertinent information.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #1195
TexaRican
Pope & Young

Dang! I've been working out so freakin hard and doing so many things wrong in my diet. Time to get back to whole-foods keto, no sweetners, no snacking. Great video here:

https://youtu.be/kZXVqvn1uhw
Old 06-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #1196
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

He needs to figure out a diet to stop his GERD, he was belching up the entire video. Good video!!
Old 06-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #1197
kumathebear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere and when I can!

Update...wife has lost 21 pounds and I've lost 17 at about 5 weeks. Biggest thing for me is my blood sugar tests are averaging 85-95 every morning and the afternoon sticks are around 90 on average. This is HUGE for me and has become a way of life for us now. Stated before, my wife has a 500 recipe book for Keto and since she is retired loves to experiment with different recipes. MOSt are delicious....we have changed our health and lifestyle due to KETO! Oh, still get my "sweet" deserts from the KETO as well....."who would have known?"
kumathebear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 05:59 PM   #1198
icetrauma
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumathebear View Post
Update...wife has lost 21 pounds and I've lost 17 at about 5 weeks. Biggest thing for me is my blood sugar tests are averaging 85-95 every morning and the afternoon sticks are around 90 on average. This is HUGE for me and has become a way of life for us now. Stated before, my wife has a 500 recipe book for Keto and since she is retired loves to experiment with different recipes. MOSt are delicious....we have changed our health and lifestyle due to KETO! Oh, still get my "sweet" deserts from the KETO as well....."who would have known?"
That is awesome right there!!! Congrats!!
Old 06-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #1199
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Ok guys give me your thoughts on this. I have two issues with Keto. One is that Iíll be super strict for 5-6 days and then have a cheat meal and immediately gain 5 pounds or water weight back and feel like Iíve failed since i have to get back into Ketosis. My other issue is I like having a few whiskey and Diet Coke 2-3 nights a week and ya it doesnít have carbs but it seems that also take you out of Keto.

My biggest worry is that it is not good to constantly be going in and out of ketosis. That kinda has me leading to going back to a more body builder style low carb diet.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:00 PM   #1200
kumathebear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere and when I can!
Default ?

Quote:
Ok guys give me your thoughts on this. I have two issues with Keto. One is that Iíll be super strict for 5-6 days and then have a cheat meal and immediately gain 5 pounds or water weight back and feel like Iíve failed since i have to get back into Ketosis. My other issue is I like having a few whiskey and Diet Coke 2-3 nights a week and ya it doesnít have carbs but it seems that also take you out of Keto.

My biggest worry is that it is not good to constantly be going in and out of ketosis. That kinda has me leading to going back to a more body builder style low carb diet.

All I can say is the Whiskey & Diet Coke has not affected me in the least and I'm a type 2 diabetic with the blessings of my physician for the whiskey? I have 2-3 drinks every night by the way. We were very strict about the carbs/Keto and did not cheat until last Friday which was our anniversary. Hit the local BBQ place, took our own low/carb BBQ sauce, but had some "breaded" appetizers and 1 roll each. Both of us felt so full and not happy AND my blood tests the next morning was 140. Took only 1 day and I was back to normal on the glucose tests and elated.

It's individual, as we all know, for each person on this lifestyle...(We don't refer to KETO as a diet anymore but rather a LIFESTYLE.) There is SO much information on KETO, some we agree with and other's don't apply to us in our situation. My weight body building days are long gone so for us two Ole' Farts...it's made a world of difference for us. By the way....we judge our pounds shed on Friday weighing and the way our clothes fit. Some of the loss is water, but the clothes we could not get into before KETO can't be ignored.

Good luck and keep your "mind open" to find what works best for you!
kumathebear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top