• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soak beans cook in same water you soaked them in
    Salt and pepper
    Bacon
    1/2 cup picante sauce
    2 tablespoons of sugar
    When done grade a potatoe to thicken juice. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
      Bacon, Beans, onion, Jalapeno, Garlic, salt, pepper...Time.
      Bingo in crockpot. I some times add some beer too.

Comment

Old Mexican lady told me the secret to good beans is get your water boiling before adding the beans.

Comment

Some brands of Pinto Beans make a sauce that comes out brown after cooking, like "Jucy's Hamburger" beans. Some brands of Pinto Beans after cooking, sauce comes out reddish than brown.
          I know what kidney beans are, not them. I guess to most, they just haven't noticed. There is a real taste difference. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Found them:

Pinto Beans

Dry pinto (Spanish for “painted”) beans have a mottled brown and pink surface that, when cooked, develops a uniform auburn hue. As the bean with the highest fiber content, their texture is firm, and they are delicious when paired with brown rice. Pintos are commonly seasoned with chili powder, jalapenos, cumin, onion, and garlic, but their natural flavor is rich enough to be served with a mere sprinkling of salt. Like all of our beans, Camellia’s Pinto Beans are non-GMO, gluten-free, and meet the “Hayward Standard” – the name our growers gave our bean quality standard – which exceeds the top USDA requirements. Try some today – we think you’ll taste the difference.

Comment

no sir, this is texas. A feller could get hurt doing something like that.
              No kidding, but this reply made me think of the guy that called Jimmy Dean to ***** about their 12oz roll of sausage and sage flavoring

Comment

cook slow, and when you need to add water, make sure its hot water.

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
                  Bacon, Beans, onion, Jalapeno, Garlic, salt, pepper...Time.
                  Oh Heck Yes

Comment

I have good luck with Casserole brand.

Comment

Originally posted by trailrider View Post
                      I have good luck with Casserole brand.

Only kind I buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                        Some brands of Pinto Beans make a sauce that comes out brown after cooking, like "Jucy's Hamburger" beans. Some brands of Pinto Beans after cooking, sauce comes out reddish than brown.
                        I know what kidney beans are, not them. I guess to most, they just haven't noticed. There is a real taste difference. Sorry for the confusion.

Regular pinto beans (startin w/ dried) with a chunk of sliced salt pork ( available in any grocery store) makes a brown "broth" with it in a crockpot or stove top pot. I like it over regular bacon. I add a little flour at the end and its turns into a light gravy. I have a great country soul food pinto bean recipe... PM me if interested.

start

Click image for larger version

Name:	Start.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	24599374

finish....have not added the TBS of flour here yet.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Finish.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	24599375
                        Last edited by Smart; 11-12-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

What about in chilie

Comment

If any of you have been to Herrera's restaurant in Dallas, that is what I am going for.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Regular pinto beans (startin w/ dried) with a chunk of sliced salt pork ( available in any grocery store) makes a brown "broth" with it in a crockpot or stove top pot. I like it over regular bacon. I add a little flour at the end and its turns into a light gravy. I have a great country soul food pinto bean recipe... PM me if interested.

start

[ATTACH]980093[/ATTACH]

finish....have not added the TBS of flour here yet.
                              [ATTACH]980094[/ATTACH]

Forgot to add......send me your email address in the PM. All current PMs returned with that request and I'll get it to you..

Comment

Buy Casserole beans! Texas Company

Comment

Working...
                                X