Going Strong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Strong!

It's been a while since I posted on our Army Son Jake. I know several of the GS have followed his progression for several years now from my "Proud Dad" posts.

So an update: He just sent me this pic from step one of his soldiers progression in basic. Full dress blues this week for the next step in graduating more Hero's to serve.

Yeah, he blames the INK on his Dad, lol! Proud of this Drill Sgt. and his dedication to serve. God Bless ALL our Military!
    Attached Files

Gig line isn't straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
      Gig line isn't straight.
      , YOU tell him Doug!

Comment

Can't believe you posted about the gig line... That was the first thing I noticed too... Gettin' up ever mornin' and getting dressed and ready for muster before Reveille quit blowing... I straightened mine out on a dead run most mornings!!

Comment

He's got "the Look" that freezes recruits in their tracks!!!

Comment

Thanks for the update Kuma

Comment

Ok, I was not in the Military, so what the HELL is the Gig Line, ?

Comment

I have never noticed the last name. Any relatives out of Nevada Tx?
                Regardless thank your son for his service.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                  Ok, I was not in the Military, so what the HELL is the Gig Line, ?
                  Gig line is a military term that refers to the alignment of the seam of the uniform shirt, belt buckle, and uniform trouser fly-seam. In order to be properly dressed, these three should align to form a straight line down the front of a person’s body. Recruit uniforms (Class B) must have a straight and neat seam line.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                    I have never noticed the last name. Any relatives out of Nevada Tx?
                    Regardless thank your son for his service.
                    Not that I know of, but our family "got around, lol!" My late Father was the youngest of 13 kids so the gene's are spread out I assume. Thanks for your message.

Comment

I was in 2nd Calvary K Troop back in the day, I see he was 2nd Cav also, Hooya

Comment

Gig line is a mess

He’s got an awesome “scare a recruit to death look”, good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He looks serious!! Tell him THANKS for his service!!!! I know you’re a proud dad.

Comment

That beautiful Blue Cord! Congrats again, pops!

Comment

Awesome stuff thanks for sharing!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X