Battery Angle Grinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Angle Grinders

Looking at a battery operated angle grinder. Would like some feedback from those that have these. Is the battery life long enough to make them worthwhile? Any downside? For a perspective I usually buy the HF $10 jobs and replace them when they die. I’ve only been able to kill one.

Milwaukee 20 volt. Had mine 5 years and use frequently. Will run all day with 2 batteries. It exceeded my expectations

Comment

I love my dewalt 20v

Comment

2nd the Milwaukee.

Comment

I have a Milwaukee m18 fuel . Thing works very well .

Comment

Two excellent choices.

Gary

Comment

Dewalt 20 volt brushless, I use it all day long with a cutoff wheel on it. If you get the 60 volt batteries then it becomes worthy of an all day flap disc grinder.

Comment

I have a Bosch 18v and love the thing!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I have a 20v dewalt. using it with the bigger batteries will definetly help run time. It's far from my daily grinder, but its easier to have in the truck and use when i have a quick job I don't want to drag an extension cord out for. I used the flex volt dewalt at Fabtech and was VERY impressed. but its a high dollar rig.

If you're used to using a HF special, a milwaukee or dewalt will be a huge upgrade.

Comment

I have a Milwaukee 18 volt that does really well. I am sure they have a newer version with higher voltage batteries out by now too.

Comment

Thanks to all who responded. I’m looking at the DeWalt 20v. Lowe’s has the bare tool for $130 plus a free battery and charger. I already have several of the DeWalt 20 v tools and batteries so should be able to keep it going all day.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                        Thanks to all who responded. I’m looking at the DeWalt 20v. Lowe’s has the bare tool for $130 plus a free battery and charger. I already have several of the DeWalt 20 v tools and batteries so should be able to keep it going all day.
                        That doesn’t seem bad, and if you already have 20v dewalt tools then that’s the way to go.

Comment

Dewalt or Milwaukee would be my suggestion. Seeing as you have some 20V stuff, Dewalt.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                            I have a 20v dewalt. using it with the bigger batteries will definetly help run time. It's far from my daily grinder, but its easier to have in the truck and use when i have a quick job I don't want to drag an extension cord out for. I used the flex volt dewalt at Fabtech and was VERY impressed. but its a high dollar rig.

If you're used to using a HF special, a milwaukee or dewalt will be a huge upgrade.
                            The flexvolt grinder is a bad dude, the only issue I've had with it is that it eats those 60 volt batteries pretty fast. Putting the 60 volt 9 amp batteries on a 20 volt grinder makes it last forever and still does whatever you would want. They came out with a 12 amp 60 volt battery that I'm sure is ******, but they want like $250 for one of them!

Comment

You may want to look on eBay too. I've found some really good deals there on DeWalt stuff...

Comment

Working...
                              X