No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to stalk as well, but I usually won't do it until after around 10 at least. Before that I sit in my blind. If you stalk before that time, you WILL end up walking thru someone's action.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387044536.074085.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	24272108

someones in area 4

Comment

Ha Ha...I know whose truck that is!

Parked right next to the pit of death.

Comment

Ok, one question then a review.

What are the hunting hours? I saw a sign that said the park closed at 10pm. Is that for the camping area or the whole area?

And now the review.

Morning to Midday - need to be by water

Evening - need to be by food sources

Good'ish areas - 1,3,4,7 (Common theme seems to be the areas to the back and by Whites Dam)

Areas to avoid'ish - 2,5,7 and along FM2288 (Either busy or too much 4x4 traffic)

Also don't leave anything there that I don't want to get grabbed.

Am I tracking??

Comment

Whew, Twin Buttes is not for the feint of heart today. Can barely walk upright thru all this slick mud from last night's rain. Beautiful morning otherwise. C'mon deer, you know you're hungry!

Comment

Yo JD that truck you posted a pic of was mine. Did I **** someone off? You should have hung out and had a beer. I ended up dropping a 4 year old spike that day.

Comment

Naw bro I was just passing through to go take my stand down... Had an SD card "magically" disappear the night before. So took my feeder and stand down (just to be safe, so that the person didn't come back and haul my sh-t off) and happened to notice the sticker of my people, so I snapped a picture and posted it right then. I was looking for the person (you) who drove it but couldn't see anyone so I didn't stop... Would be kinda weird for you to walk up on my hanging out around your rig waiting for ya. But would of stopped to shake your hand and introduce myself and had a beer if y'all were there.

4 year spike, ouch... Meat in the fridge though!

Comment

I wouldn't have been wierded out by an honest man waiting around to chat. I also took my stand down due to a picture of someone who wasn't a friend hunting my stand. Had a brown wood stock is all I could see and all my friends have camo stocks. so I pulled it down and rode the 4 wheeler all the way to whites dam and hunted the edge of the field when that spike provoked me for about 20 minutes. He finally revealed how big he was and I dropped him in his tracks. He easily weighed between 150 and 200. Got some poopy genetics out of there though. I think my luck is just genetically incapable deer. I popped a dirty horn 3 year old 3 point last year and 2 spikes this year over 3 years old. However since you pulled your stand out...across that field by the dam in the thick stuff is prime right now. Its a bit tough with a bow but can be done. I need room to swing an Omen around but lots of straight shots. also a hell of a drag to the dam when killed too.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387775433.660021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	24273623

This was the view from my pop up in that thicket you speak of that is bordering that field... I seriously set that place up and within 5 days my SD card went missing... It looked promising only got to hunt it twice before I threw in the towel... Hunting October is the key to TBR; once regular season kicks off forget about it, every Tom, D-ick, and Harry in Angelo think they will just walk around and kick up anything brown and blast bird shot at it and hope it goes down... Don't you love when you go to check your camera and their some Motard on it smoking cigarettes and in old army greens... Hahaha that one was for you TXARROW and DGRANT...

Comment

Merry Christmas to all.

Comment

That's hilarious jd. This year I have someone shoot a button buck and leave it right next to my blind to rot. It irritates me more that they left a deer without harvesting the meat. People like that have no business hunting. Anyone having any luck in unit v this year all I've gotten is a lot of pics and a few rabbits and one bobcat.

Comment

thats a good looking spot JD. youre right. the only good time to hunt there is during bow season. I put a buck and doe down first weekend. I had to shoot the buck on the run because someone couldn't figure out where to put their fourwheeler and was riding all over. It was a good shot though. watched him die in 20 yards. During the general season you have to go where vehicles cant go and people are too lazy to walk that far

Comment

are the cows fair game? ran across three ivo area 6. saw some white tails but too far to bring down decently. ran a donut but the wife had a blast so all in all it's a win.

Comment

I got premission from slick to hunt the area where he killed the spike on te left side of field this coming week. If Anyone is hunting in that area speak now so I can try to avoid you so I don't mess up your hunt.

Comment

I was out there a week ago deerskin. Slick's chair is still sitting out there along the inside of the fence line of that field. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X