Predator Camo above and beyond the sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator Camo above and beyond the sport

I just wanted to state how happy I have been since I have switched to predator camo. I went to Tarleton Univ. for wildlife management and became incredibly passionate about studies of ungulate eyesight, vertical and horizontal angle of sight as well as light adaptation by ungulates. I constantly play with new camo patterns but since switching to predator back in october I believe my search is over with. Weather in the stand, on the ground or stalking I have to vouch for the exceptional versatility . I currently use brown deception as my primary but have recently discovered fall grey as a incredible tree stand pattern.
    One question I have been asked so for is why doesn't predator do scent control? The answer from my studies is it doesn't work. It's more about what fabrics you use or base layers such as merino wool. Independent studies have shown with drug dogs that scent control clothing does not mask not to mention deer for example have way stronger sense of smell.

My go to set up is the high plains series and it is incredible. Some may say it's a little loud but I have noticed it has quite down a lot since a few washes.My latest call with one of the reps did mention they are working with future fabrics to quite it up even more. The quality of their stitching, fabrics and pocket placement are incredible.

Customer service is exceptional. Just made a recent call to their home office to ask a few questions and it was like speaking with a friend over the phone.

This company is incredible. You can't go wrong with predator.

Good to know about their efforts to keep improving. Whether you are bow hunting or rifle hunting, quiet fabric is a must.

Comment

Are you washing the camo with UV soap? Have you seen any testing on Predator to see the amount of UV signature? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter4christ75 View Post
        One question I have been asked so for is why doesn't predator do scent control? The answer from my studies is it doesn't work. It's more about what fabrics you use or base layers such as merino wool. Independent studies have shown with drug dogs that scent control clothing does not mask not to mention deer for example have way stronger sense of smell.
        I am glad you posted this ^^ I saw a police dog study in Field and Stream and the dog was able to find the "Scent Control" person. One question that I have not seen answered is "What exactly to do the deer smell on us". Is it our breathe? Natural body odor that can't be 100% contained? But I do think there is merit to cover scents to hide or "mix up" our body odor with what's around us such as Cedar spray, various urines, or being down wind of about 20 nasty javelinas .

Comment

I just wanted to state how happy I have been since I have switched to predator camo. I went to Tarleton Univ. for wildlife management and became incredibly passionate about studies of ungulate eyesight, vertical and horizontal angle of sight as well as light adaptation by ungulates. I constantly play with new camo patterns but since switching to predator back in october I believe my search is over with. Weather in the stand, on the ground or stalking I have to vouch for the exceptional versatility . I currently use brown deception as my primary but have recently discovered fall grey as a incredible tree stand pattern.

My go to set up is the high plains series and it is incredible. Some may say it's a little loud but I have noticed it has quite down a lot since a few washes.My latest call with one of the reps did mention they are working with future fabrics to quite it up even more. The quality of their stitching, fabrics and pocket placement are incredible.

Customer service is exceptional. Just made a recent call to their home office to ask a few questions and it was like speaking with a friend over the phone.

This company is incredible. You can't go wrong with predator.

I'm a fan of ASAT camo as well. The scent control discussion should be fun.

Comment

i like it so much its on my bow!

Comment

Last edited by SwampRabbit; 12-17-2013, 03:06 PM. Reason: Other thread was about Sitka, doh!

Comment

As far as the what deer smell on us, I had a biology professor tell me a lot of the time it's your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  Okay, so I take it you don't feel insulted any more.
                  That was Sitka that I spoke with. I was curious about giving them a try but came to my senses that predator is the only choice for me.

Comment

Predator is top notch camo. Up in the tree or on the ground it works.
                    Tons of pockets and silent. Its all I wear.

Comment

I like my Predator Camo. The main issue I have with it is that I can't find a good lightweight/warm weather rain suit in Predator Camo.

Comment

Update: Just did a UV test on predator materials. Absolutely no glow. They are as dull as a No.2 pencil after a SAT exam.One article of clothing had yet to be washed by any detergent with UV inhibitors like dead down wind or Scent Blocker.All items passed with flying colors. Also after wearing the High plains jacket on my off time and a few washes it has really become quite.Also had a doe a few weeks ago, approach me within 5 yards, sniff, hoof the ground but could not make me out. She eventually took off but was impressed with how well it broke up my shape.

Comment

Update: Scentlok is going to be carrying predator later this summer. Can't wait!!!!

Comment

Update: Scentlok is going to be carrying predator later this summer. Can't wait!!!!
                            Where did you get this info?

I hope they do because I want upgrade my Scent Lok but I have not heard this yet.

Comment

I was hesitant on the Predator camo but after hearing so many people on hear brag about it I may have to convert. It's about time for me to get some new digs anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X