Guadalupe River Day Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guadalupe River Day Trip

I am looking for a place to do a day trip to the Guadalupe. Basically just want to hang out on the river with the wife and chill out in the water.
    Any recommendations?

Thanks

Don't go to New Braunfels----CROWDED! I would recommend Guadalupe River State Park off Hwy 46

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
      Don't go to New Braunfels----CROWDED! I would recommend Guadalupe River State Park off Hwy 46
      This, we ended up here during spring break last year because enchanted rock was full. Really nice river access.

Comment

The State Park will reach capacity on weekends. You can try a place like Rebecca Creek Crossing, 311 Crossing, etc as a place to just get in the water to spend the afternoon.

Comment

Look at Son’s Island

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mountain Breeze Camp Grounds

Comment

^mountain breeze is our jam. I’ll go ahead and bump this for anybody wanting a recent report. We went this weekend and did a 4 hour float from MB and it’s a good time to go! It was a lil lower than iv ever seen on this stretch - we barely had to walk couple low spots - it was a crowded weekend tho. Water temp was ideal

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                ^mountain breeze is our jam. I’ll go ahead and bump this for anybody wanting a recent report. We went this weekend and did a 4 hour float from MB and it’s a good time to go! It was a lil lower than iv ever seen on this stretch - we barely had to walk couple low spots - it was a crowded weekend tho. Water temp was ideal
                Do yall stay at the cabins there or drag a camper.

Comment

^na we actually just snagged a last minute hotel in town - but I have never seen as many campers and day camps along river road as we did this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    This time of the year, there is typically a long line to get in the gate, once it's full, they lock the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                      The State Park will reach capacity on weekends. You can try a place like Rebecca Creek Crossing, 311 Crossing, etc as a place to just get in the water to spend the afternoon.
                      311 Crossing is really a nice place.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        This time of the year, there is typically a long line to get in the gate, once it's full, they lock the gate.

Locked the gate on Sunday around 1 pm. We actually hiked in below the dam and had a great time. Water was cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

James Kiel River Bend Park outside of Comfort. Usually not too crowded, but it is small. We like to paddle our kayak upriver a ways to get away from the crowd. Then we can swim, fish, hang out.

Comment

Working...
                          X