F150 stereo not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150 stereo not working

Last Dec it had a loud pop then stopped working. Time is flashing, direction, and temp still show up but nothing on the radio. Through the winter it would come on randomly then cut back off. Last 3 months nothing.

My heater/AC blend door actuator is also going bad so going to replace it tomorrow and to get to it I will have to pull the radio. Hoping to find something simple like a loose wire but from what I've read on line, my hopes aren't high.

We're going on a road trip in a few weeks and I'm fine taking a wireless bluetooth speaker with us and just stream music on my phone. The AC door, I don't think I can take the clicking or sometimes getting stuck so it blows hot air.

Anyone else have this problem in their F150? Mine is a 2011 with 186,000 miles.

Work pickup 2013 140000 miles. Made loud pops for a couple of months until one final pop and it’s gone. Only the temp shows now.

Comment

STart with fuses.

I just traded my 2011 F150 in, it was having a lot of issues.

Comment

Blend motor was out on mine as well, only got heat on the driver side. Made for some tough road trips with the wife in the winter time. Lol

Comment

Posting this video up so I can find it tomorrow morning when I'm taking the dash apart [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5345jtIkBQ"]Ford F150 Car Stereo Removal - Reset Dead Stereo - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

U can buy a stock factory radio on Ebay really cheap to replace it w

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
              U can buy a stock factory radio on Ebay really cheap to replace it w
              Yea my plan is to buy a cheap replacement. Not doing that today though. Pandora + Bluetooth speak has been working fine since December. Today is all about the AC door but hoping that pulling the radio and reconnecting and making sure all wires are connected well will bring it back to life. Also going to take pics of all stickers to make sure I have what I need to replace it.

Comment

High possibility that it's a bad solder connection somewhere in the radio if the problem was intermittent for months and then it went out completely.

Comment

Had same problem with my 13 .
                  It seems to be common for sure .
                  Prob gotta buy a new radio !
                  That’s what they told me, I bought a new truck instead !

Comment

Make sure if u buy a new radio, a factory one on Ebay, to compare the back of your radio to the pictures of the back of the radio on Ebay. Ford made lots of the same radios w the same faces and different backs. That way your wiring harness will work. I know cause I goofed up one time and had to resell one I bought off there.

Comment

Just get a new stereo installed. Make sure it has a big screen and apple play. Wife has this in her car and it is pretty amazing.

Comment

Working...
                      X