Umm. PSA: Ozone is no joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm. PSA: Ozone is no joke

So. I’ve been told not to breathe in pure Ozone. But let me tell you a little story. My parents borrowed my RV for a week and went to the beach. When they got back I completely forgot to remove all food and meat from the fridge and freezer so, two weeks later you can imagine the dead body smell coming from my RV. It’s sitting in my driveway right now.

I realized my mistake and after almost puking twenty times, got it all cleaned out but in true Texas heat fashion, the stench was stuck in the fridge.

I decided to stick my little scent lok ozone generator in the freezer for a thirty minute cycle and see just “how good it really is”. Let me tell you it WORKS!!!! I mean I went back and opened the freezer up and zero smell.

I popped it into the fridge part and unfortunately, forgot about it. I didn’t realize it will just keep cycling ozone until I turned it off so today, 24 hours later, I decided to see if the smell was completely gone.

Here’s the part where I tell you DO NOT underestimate the power of Ozone. I walked into the RV. Immediately smelled ozone but this made me happy because I was thinking “holy crap the whole friggin RV smells like a hospital” lol.

I opened the fridge realized the unit was still going, turned it off and put it on the counter. I then wanted to make SURE there was truly no dead person smell so like an idiot, reopened the freezer and stuck my head inside and took three or four deep breaths.

Well. Definitely no smell but there was the immediate “oh **** I ****ed up” realization and I suddenly couldn’t breathe. I guess the ozone in the fridge had traveled into the freezer also.

I stumbled out of the RV and into the house where I couldn’t talk, couldn’t stop coughing and collapsed on the floor. My wife was freaking out because I couldn’t talk to tell her what was wrong.

Eventually after coughing and shaking uncontrollably for a few minutes I told her to tell 911 I was fine and not to come. I spit up a lot, felt like I’d suffocated a little and did a search on my “self correcting mistake” lol.

Uh, don’t breathe in pure Ozone. Especially frozen, pure Ozone.

I can laugh about it now but at the time it was scary as hell. Felt like I’d inhaled very clean mustard gas lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Only you!

Well actually it sounds like something I would do.

Comment

glad you could tell us about it!

Comment

Great story!

Comment

Impressive on several levels!
          Glad you're okay.

Comment

You won't have bad breath for a week!

Comment

That sounds awful, from start to finish

Comment

Well well, sounds like a good story

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                  That sounds awful, from start to finish

Lol yes. It was. Except for the part where my RV smells pristine. I mean it smells insanely clean. Cleaner than it did brand new off the lot.

I’m a little horse and my chest is still a little sore but I’ll be fine. Just learned a very valuable lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                    I’m a little horse
                    Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise either.

Comment

3 wrongs made a right somehow lol.

Comment

Lol well everyone’s always talking about wether that stuff really works or not. Even I didn’t think it would have that much of a result. But hot dog I’m a believer now!!

Comment

I've also read where folks were using it in their houses..one room at a time, doors closed, to kill off the cooties. Makes sense to me....but I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer either. Thanks for the lesson tho. Glad u iz alright!

Comment

You may have stumble on a way to get rid of COVID in the process as well lol, glad you're okay now!

Comment

What!!?

Comment

Working...
                              X