Need scope recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmac View Post
    When shooting subs at 200 from my 308 the DL glass was good enough for me to see the bullet in path. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is impressive!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

So based on your specs required and what little bit of searching I did you have two options that I consider solid choices. The Zeiss like you mentioned or the Leupold Mark 5 (NOT the VX5HD). This scope has all your specs with the exception of reticle. It does however have a pr-1moa reticle which is fairly clean imo and gives you a fine center dot for aiming. A 25 power top end with a 56 mil objective and 35mm tube will give you more light than most on the market.

Let us know what you go with.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
        Leupold has fallen behind IMHO. Bushnell has better glass in their top offer. The issue is the reticle choice. Tangent has the best glass I have looked through but all tactical type reticles. I cant stand hunting with a busy reticle. I am looking for something clean, like this.

I’ll admit. My last 2 scopes have been Bushnell elite. The first one was hard to buy because I’m just a top shelf guy. BUT I have no regrets and I love them. I have used them well over 1,000 yards and can tell no difference when using $3k worth a glass through another rifle.

Comment

Trijicon Accupoint 5-20X50 standard duplex reticle with green (or amber or red) tritium dot in the center.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
            I’ll admit. My last 2 scopes have been Bushnell elite. The first one was hard to buy because I’m just a top shelf guy. BUT I have no regrets and I love them. I have used them well over 1,000 yards and can tell no difference when using $3k worth a glass through another rifle.
            Yup, that is what I was getting at. It ir really tough to pull the trigger on something that expensive with the Bushnell name but the top tier scopes are really good!

I actually went with the Zeiss v6 mentioned above. It will be here tomorrow. I am really hoping, for the money, it feels and looks better than my Conquest HD5 or it will be going back.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Trijicon Accupoint 5-20X50 standard duplex reticle with green (or amber or red) tritium dot in the center.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/trijico...20x50-TR23-1GA
              I bought this scope with the Mil Dot reticle a couple of weeks ago to sit on top of a Bergara. Only had it to the range a few times but after 65 rounds, I’m a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                I bought this scope with the Mil Dot reticle a couple of weeks ago to sit on top of a Bergara. Only had it to the range a few times but after 65 rounds, I’m a fan.
                Yea, mine have the Mil reticle as well, but OP commented he didn't like "busy" reticles and wanted a simple duplex or triplex reticle... This one met all the criteria he asked for... I have 'em on a couple custom AR's. One in particular is my go to rifle, a AR Performance 6.8 SPC upper that is absolutely a tack driver...

Comment

might take a look at a sig whiskey 5.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                    might take a look at a sig whiskey 5.
                    That is what I wanted originally. My cousin got several at a great price back in the day. They seem to be discontinued on some sites but can be drop shipped. Not sure what the deal is as that is a really good scope for the money, and they leave a hole in that price/power range. I have my main hunting rifle sighted with a nightforce on a quick release ARC mount. I will check out this zeiss tomorrow and if does not feel good, or the glass is dissapointing, it will go back and I will have more time to shop.

Comment

I recieved the Zeiss and I am really happy with what they put out in the v6 line. It feels much better than the v5 and the glass looks really good. I will put it next to some higher end scopes when I get time. The turret clicks are tactile, but possibly a touch too easy to turn for my liking, we will see how that works out. My one issue is the parallax adjustment does not have yardage Mark's but I knew that going in. At least on this model it feels smooth and precise, unlike the v5 that feels cheap with a good amount of backlash. I wish the reticle had the small illuminated dot like the Swarovski, but for the cost savings I am more than pleased with the clean clear look of the reticle #6. I prefer second focal plane for hunting scopes and after mounting this one the rig feels nice. It is not an ultralight but I am not packing it up a mountain!

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                        I recieved the Zeiss and I am really happy with what they put out in the v6 line. It feels much better than the v5 and the glass looks really good. I will put it next to some higher end scopes when I get time. The turret clicks are tactile, but possibly a touch too easy to turn for my liking, we will see how that works out. My one issue is the parallax adjustment does not have yardage Mark's but I knew that going in. At least on this model it feels smooth and precise, unlike the v5 that feels cheap with a good amount of backlash. I wish the reticle had the small illuminated dot like the Swarovski, but for the cost savings I am more than pleased with the clean clear look of the reticle #6. I prefer second focal plane for hunting scopes and after mounting this one the rig feels nice. It is not an ultralight but I am not packing it up a mountain!

Great looking setup, keep us updated on your thoughts once you have had a chance to get it on the range or better yet in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                          Great looking setup, keep us updated on your thoughts once you have had a chance to get it on the range or better yet in the field.

Will do, I am impressed right now but we will see after it has been bouncing around in the mule this season.

Comment

Working...
                          X