Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to pick up day laborers Livingston to Lufkin area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to pick up day laborers Livingston to Lufkin area?

I've got some tree trimming, painting, digging, and other ranch chores that will require some day laborers. I used to find them mornings along east side of highway 146 just south of US190 in Livingston.

Can anyone update whether and where they're still congregating? Anyplace from Livingston to Lufkin along US59 works.

Thanks!

I don't really pay attention around here. Have never noticed them hanging out in any particular place but I've only lived in Lufkin about a year and a half.

Comment

Hwy 146 by the Valero.

Comment

All the crying about illegals and you want to put them to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
          The American Dream, and the American way

Comment

Yes, white boys aren't standing on the corner looking for work
            Too lazy

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
              Yes, white boys aren't standing on the corner looking for work
              Too lazy
              really?

Comment

Is there a lowes or a Home Depot is Livingston?

Comment

Wish this was closer. I aint lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                    really?
                    Actually , not all, but , I assume you can figure itvout

Comment

Your supporting the liberal democratic voting machine when you hire illegals.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                        Your supporting the liberal democratic voting machine when you hire illegals.
                        Not everybody at day labor hangouts is illegal. They're not even always Hispanic. I admit most have plenty, but that's not the point here.

Trying to get work done not solve world hunger. BTW- if you purchased any home from a tract builder in past 35 years in Texas you're living in a glass house.
                        Last edited by Pineywoods Paul; 07-02-2016, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods Paul View Post
                          Not everybody at day labor hangouts is illegal. They're not even always Hispanic. I admit most have plenty, but that's not the point here.

Trying to get work done not solve world hunger. BTW- if you purchased any home from a tract builder in past 35 years in Texas you're living in a glass house.
                          When it's hard work you can bet what the majority will be. Not a lot of want to these days. Used to that's the work we did in high school but good luck get many kids now days

Comment

You're right. What was I thinking? I'm sure that my silly day labor stunt would put Hilary over the top and into office.

I will just stop by that labor union in Polk County and pick up a truckload of union journeyman ranch hand guys who will bust their arse in this heat for $10 an hour.

Paperwork should only take a couple hours, safety orientation another hour, then I can be on my way, once lunch menu, breaks, and grievance process is explained and everyone signs off on it.
                            Last edited by Pineywoods Paul; 07-02-2016, 07:28 PM.

Comment

I find it funny and ironic how guys I know(myself included) complains about illegals and whatnot, but don't hesitate to utilize the cheap labor when its our turn to need work done. I am just as guilty as the next, I want work done with as little out my pocket as possible. Almost anyone who has had a home built in the gulf coast region of Texas in the last 10+ years has paid illegals in some form or fashion in the process

Comment

Working...
                              X