2015 Hagerman Hog Hunt: Segment-A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobby_massey View Post
    My son is bowhunting seg b. So I guess I will put in and gun hunt too.
    No more permits being issued.

Comment

what do you all think about a ghost blind instead of a popup?

was thinking about using one of those and then spot and stalk if that wasn't productive.

with that said, moving the ghost blind would be more realistic so i wouldn't have to stay put.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
        what do you all think about a ghost blind instead of a popup?

was thinking about using one of those and then spot and stalk if that wasn't productive.

with that said, moving the ghost blind would be more realistic so i wouldn't have to stay put.
        Dude....your over thinking it!!! They are pigs! Walk in there and shoot the stinking fools!! If a man can't kill a pig in H then maybe one should rethink his hunting ability!!

Comment

Last year in Goode on stand setup day the pigs were sunning themselves while I was walking on the road, they could care less. When the idiots went charging through the woods on Friday with barrels blazing they went into hiding. I was in the stand and they were chasing the pig groups through the woods, glad I had my orange on and 20' up in a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
            Dude....your over thinking it!!! They are pigs! Walk in there and shoot the stinking fools!! If a man can't kill a pig in H then maybe one should rethink his hunting ability!!
            just want my bases to be covered....

plus i'm mostly likely OCD

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
              Last year in Goode on stand setup day the pigs were sunning themselves while I was walking on the road, they could care less. When the idiots went charging through the woods on Friday with barrels blazing they went into hiding. I was in the stand and they were chasing the pig groups through the woods, glad I had my orange on and 20' up in a tree.

I think I'll stay in the archery only unit with my brethren.

Comment

Segment B. Plan on starting in Goode with Archery and we will see where it goes from there. Love hunting with my Traditions BLack Powder gun.

Comment

For anybody who hasn't seen it, here's a video Booner put together of our hunt last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                    For anybody who hasn't seen it, here's a video Booner put together of our hunt last year.

http://youtu.be/RsBxl3-m5Q8

Thanks for that video. great information.

Comment

cool video.

Comment

Just noticed in the regs no baiting?!, I can understand not baiting during the deer hunt but what is their reasoning for not allowing it in the hog hunt?, it would increased the success rate

Comment

what about a baby pig distress call? legal at hagerman?

Comment

just got a letter from the refuge....

due to the overwhelming response of archery hunters, harris and goode will both be archery only...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                                just got a letter from the refuge....

due to the overwhelming response of archery hunters, harris and goode will both be archery only...

Great news!

Comment

Working...
                                X