No announcement yet.

Hagerman draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it this year after going two years without being drawn. Looking forward to it.

Comment

i applaud the powers that be for trying to improve a great hunt, just growing pains.

with 2 points i should be a go next year, whoo hoo!

Comment

well I have 3 pp for next year so sounds like I have a good chance maybe I will go and scout before it gets triple digit temps lol
        and good luck to all hunters who got drawn Just leave me one big one for next year
        Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJanow View Post
          Those people had 2 points before the draw, and received another after they didn't get drawn. So nobody with 3 or more points BEFORE the draw was left out. (at least after they fixed it for some people.)
          Got it. I wasn't taking that into account. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
            well I have 3 pp for next year so sounds like I have a good chance maybe I will go and scout before it gets triple digit temps lol
            and good luck to all hunters who got drawn Just leave me one big one for next year
            Anthony
            Or put in for the hog hunt and maybe you can accomplish both. I saw 9-10 deer the first morning of the hog hunt, all at the same time. It will be the last time to hunt Harris in the deer hunt for a while this year.

Comment

Got my scorecard yesterday from Saltgrass, now need to send it in. Can it be done online, or does it have to be mailed like years past. I can't find my email from Gayle.

Thanks

Comment

My Email

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                Got my scorecard yesterday from Saltgrass, now need to send it in. Can it be done online, or does it have to be mailed like years past. I can't find my email from Gayle.

Thanks
                Here's the text from my email:

2) Once you have your proficiency test scorecard, send in a copy of the card and $50 payment for your permit - Mail a cashier’s check or money order made out to U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in the amount of $50 for each hunter in your party. We do not accept cash, personal checks or credit cards.

Mail to: Hagerman NWR

6465 Refuge Road

Sherman, TX 75092

Be certain to include with your payment:

a) the name(s) of the hunters you are paying for

b) which segment you have been assigned to (A, B, or C)

c) the e-mail address you want the permit(s) sent to

The deadline to submit the payment is August 4, 2014. Once the payment has arrived and been processed, the permit(s) will be emailed to you at the address provided. Please keep in mind:

1) the permits are valid only for the named permittee and are not transferable;

2) you may not swap segments with another hunter;

3) permitted hunters only are allowed in hunt units during the hunt;

4) permit fees are not refundable.

3) Attend hunter registration as is required on Thursday, October 30th. All hunters must check in and pre-register at the hunter check station prior to putting up their stand. There will be a mandatory pre-hunt orientation starting at 7:30 a.m. on this date. Following the orientation, you will be allowed to place your stand. Any hunter entering a hunt unit before 9:00 a.m. or still in the unit after 2:30 p.m. on this date will be disqualified from the hunt. When you arrive at hunt registration you will need a valid photo ID, your Refuge Archery Deer Hunt Permit, a valid State of Texas general hunting license including deer and archery endorsements and your bowhunter education card. You will not be allowed to hunt without these. These items will be checked by Refuge staff before your permit is stamped as approved.

It is mandatory that you check-in and check-out daily Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the check station (Refuge Maintenance Shop). You may check- in any time after 5:00 a.m. on the 3 hunt days. Daily check-in must be in person, but you may call (903) 786-2826 to check out. You do not have to check out for lunch if you plan to return later that day. Law enforcement field officers will be working during the hunt so be prepared to show your valid permit and hunting license if asked to do so.

Please read and become very familiar with the 2014 Archery Deer Hunting Regulations and Information Sheet (included with this e-mail). If you have any questions, please contact the Refuge Headquarters at (903) 786-2826. Refuge staff are on duty from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Congratulations and we wish you a great hunt!

--
                Gayle Ellis
                US Fish & Wildlife
                Hagerman NWR
                903-786-2826
                903-786-3327 (FAX)
                gayle_ellis@fws.gov

Comment

Have my permit printed and ready. This will be my first time there. Going in a few weeks to scout. If anyone doesn't mind PMing me some areas to look into or avoid it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

If you are going scouting now better wear snake chaps.

God Bless

Comment

Working...
                    X