Kansas Rut Activity 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas Rut Activity 2013

What y'all seeing so far?? I am trying to tentatively plan my trip since last year I hit it a week early in SE kansas.

Where's all my Kansas hunters

Comment

I was at my farm in SE Kansas (Yates Center) this past weekend. Found several scrapes and saw a couple of bucks chasing groups of does. Weather was low in the 30's and high in the mid 60's. I think the next week to 10 days will be optimal.

Comment

Originally posted by illinibuckslayr View Post
        I was at my farm in SE Kansas (Yates Center) this past weekend. Found several scrapes and saw a couple of bucks chasing groups of does. Weather was low in the 30's and high in the mid 60's. I think the next week to 10 days will be optimal.
        I hunt around sedan and when I was leaving on the 7th last year it was just cranking up

Comment

Heading up to Northern Kansas around the 1st for the first time bow hunting, hope the timing is right for a good pre rut. whats the best time for Kansas?

Comment

Im headed to SE Kansas on the 9th. Last few years that has been good hunting.

Comment

Just got back from SE last weekend and didn't see any rut activity at all. 2 weeks from now is my guess

Comment

On the phone with my farmer and his son daily and are being told most of the bucks have started leaving the group and are scent checking allot of ground. Does have not been harassed enough yet to stop feeding in groups out in wheat patches. They are seeing more and more bucks on their feet while moving and feeding cattle each day. Both have said that they have not seen any chasing yet, and that is fine with me.

I will be leaving tomorrow and have made arrangements to be there for a while if needed.

Best I got and good luck

Rwc

Comment

Peak rut is around the 14th but it should kick off any day now with pre-rut chasing. I'd say grunt tubes, rattling and scents are going to get results anytime now. I hope

Comment

Goodluck to you all!! They had alot of rain in SE kansas this year, maybe this will be my year to kill a biggun!!

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Completely dead this weekend at my farm on SE KS... didn't even have many trail cam pix. Total lack of movement on my farm... sat in 4 different stands over a 3.5 day period.

Better luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by illinibuckslayr View Post
                          Completely dead this weekend at my farm on SE KS... didn't even have many trail cam pix. Total lack of movement on my farm... sat in 4 different stands over a 3.5 day period.

Better luck to you.
                          I wont be leaving until the 12th, hoping they get cranked up by that time. Ive talked to a few buddies and they have seen a little chasing but does are definitely not having it yet. Shouldn't be long!

Comment

Found this article a couple weeks ago. Don't know why I have never seen it before.

I cross referenced the date with the 2010 P&Y all time record book. There are more entries on 11/14 than any other day. There is also a noticeable fall off after 11/17. I'd say that is pretty good additional evidence for the theory that the rut happens the same time every year in a given area.

I checked the other states with bow only hunting during the peak of the rut (IA, IL etc...) and got pretty much the same result.

So if you have a week to hunt KS be in the stand from 11/10 - 11/16

Comment

In the stand now rainy in the 50's. Bucks are solo bucks not chasing yet. Found plenty of scrapes. I'm in SE Kansas

Comment

Working...
                              X