Labrador breeder alert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apullin17 View Post
    So it’s not just myself and my wife? We thought they blocked us before we could write a review.
    Maybe this litter will drive them out of business. Sure doesn't sound like they are the type of people I want involved with dogs. Probably only producing more poorly breed dogs anyways. How was the pedigree for the pup you bought? I will certainly stir people away from them if their name ever comes back up.

Comment

Yeah looks like they pulled their page. I looked at it earlier and now gone.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
        Maybe this litter will drive them out of business. Sure doesn't sound like they are the type of people I want involved with dogs. Probably only producing more poorly breed dogs anyways. How was the pedigree for the pup you bought? I will certainly stir people away from them if their name ever comes back up.
        On paper, the pedigree looked good. They had every answer to every question and looking back none of those answers were the truth. They seemed like it at the time. We got duped.

Olivia Britton and Kaden Laxson are their names. He bow hunts too because he had a few bucks on the wall with the arrows in the antlers and was talking about filling feeders for bow season while we were there looking at the pups.

Comment

Update: The vet took Gillie home with her last night so she could monitor her activity. She got her back to the office this morning at 6:30 and has been pumping fluids in her, but she has shown no signs of progress. At this point all she is doing is suffering so we made the difficult decision to put her down. Last night was rough telling my 3 daughters that she may still have a chance, today will be worse when we tell them she didn't make it.

The breeders have agreed to refund our money, but we will see if they follow through.

Comment

sorry for the loss. poor pup at least suffering is over

Comment

[QUOTE=Apullin17;13637461] Last night was rough telling my 3 daughters that she may still have a chance, today will be worse when we tell them she didn't make it.[QUOTE]
              Man, that's tough. I went through this scenario over Christmas, of all times! Stupid Emergency Vet sent dog home with me leading us to believe she was going to make it. After coming from thoughts we were losing her, to she is going to make, then to have to make that tough decision. That's a ride I wouldn't wish on many.
              Sorry to hear.

Comment

So Sorry to read the update this morning....
                Was hoping to hear a different outcome...
                Sounds like you guys made the right call and not letting that little pup suffer anymore. You and your vet tried to save her but it sounds like it was not to be..

Comment

Originally posted by Apullin17 View Post
                  Update: The vet took Gillie home with her last night so she could monitor her activity. She got her back to the office this morning at 6:30 and has been pumping fluids in her, but she has shown no signs of progress. At this point all she is doing is suffering so we made the difficult decision to put her down. Last night was rough telling my 3 daughters that she may still have a chance, today will be worse when we tell them she didn't make it.

The breeders have agreed to refund our money, but we will see if they follow through.
                  They should refund money plus vet bills. Sorry to hear about that, tough lesson to learn. Do not let it affect buying another puppy. Just do more research and if you need recommendations let us know. There are a lot of reputable breeders out there, that arent just breeding for color.

Comment

Losing a puppy is just so sad! Yes, there are too many irresponsible backyard breeders out there.

Always do your homework and go with a reputable breeder. They should have a contract and health guarantee.

That being said, even puppies from good breeders can contract coccidia or parvo during the first few weeks. But a sickly puppy should never be released to the buyer until it has a clean bill of health and the breeder should absolutely reimburse the buyer for any issues relating to health, congenital or genetic defects within a certain period of time.

Comment

Hate to hear that, although I agree with others. Don't let it discourage you too much, but take your time getting another - don't rush!

Comment

Sorry to hear. I’d find a dog owner instead of a breeder if you decide on another. I’ve had much better luck. Healthier dogs, better temperament, I almost feel like breeders sometimes get the gene pool a little too tho. For the sake of better paperwork instead of better dogs

Comment

Sorry to hear. I'm sure your family was already attached.

Sad deal.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Sorry to hear
                              Hope the girls are OK

Comment

Sorry to hear. I have had very good luck with Brooks' Labs.

The Brooks family professionally breeds Labrador retrievers in the Dallas, Texas area. We produce genetically sound, highly trainable Labrador Retrievers with a classic build and exceptional temperament.

Comment

Working...
                                X