Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthy eating SHOULDN'T be this delicious!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Wait, so high cholesterol isn't bad? Don't listen to my doc?
    200 is not high. No, don’t listen to your doctor

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
      200 is not high. No, don’t listen to your doctor
      Mine is 247
      Triglycerides 349

I am totally anti big pharm.

Comment

I just like to poke fun at all the fad diets like Dale mentioned. It's like "I'm cool because I am on the new keto diet bro".

Whatever works for you is fine with me.
        It has become the new crossfit, people have to tell you about it. I don't tell anybody who doesn't ask, unfortunately anybody who hasn't seen me in a while is going to ask.

I've had people tell me about their "keto flu" 4 days into their diet. It is pretty ridiculous.

I don't look at it as a diet, I look at it as how I'm going to eat from now on. Sure I like pasta and potatoes but I can certainly live without them. Sugar is gone aside from maybe on special occasions. I'll drink my own pee before I go back to drinking cokes.

Comment

I have lost 30 lbs a couple of times eating all kinds of bread and tortilla and drinking. LOL. 20-30 grams of fat per day and I lose weight. One time I had to cut back on the diet and eat some pizza. LOL.

Ever heard of the Subway dude? LOL. Wait.....

Soooo what does all that fat do for cholesterol levels?????? Can't be good.
          My sisters are part of a study. They are into the third year of it. They both were on blood pressure, cholesterol, Diabetes medicine, had sleep apnea and extremely overweight. 1 has lost 120 lbs and the other 70lbs. They are off all medicine. Apnea is gone. They are on maintenance now. They signed up for another 2 years and are 1 year into it.

I have been eating keto for about 2 years. I am on maintenance. I had high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and 35 lbs over weight. I am off my medicine except on blood pressure medicine still. I have never felt better. I have arthritis throughout my back, shoulders, etc. One of the side effects of eating this way is it gets rid of the inflammation in your body. It is awesome. No carbs for me

Comment

Where’s the guy that eats bone soup.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
              If you dont eat breakfast, then you are going to be hungry before lunch. Your body has nothing to consume. So, naturally, if you dont eat breakfast, you are going to be hungry when lunch time rolls around. Is that what you meant to say? And if you dont eat breakfast, you have nothing in your body. Your blood sugar is going to drop, as a result of having no fuel. Why do you think some diabetics have to check their blood sugar and eat something if they need to? That is fine if you want a good meal, but dont act like it was healthy because it really was not that good for you, especially that many calories at that time of the day. Come on! And to let you know, bacon and eggs for dinner is not very healthy either. Fat, cholesterol, and carbs before bed does nothing good for your health. Also, do you put any butter, salt, seasoning, or anything on those pork chops, green beans, chicken breast, or spinach? If you do, while it seems healthy, is not as healthy as you think. If you want to eat healthy, you need to eat food in its natural state. Do you think it is healthy to eat carrots dipped in gallons of ranch? How about broccoli with melted cheese all over it?

To answer your question, because our bodies adapt over time to different nature and nurture aspects of where we live. Hell, people didnt think twice about lighting up a cigarette in the 1960's and if you do some research, there were people who thought smoking was actually good for you. People used to live to an average age of 38-ish and now we are living to be 78 years old. Things change, times change, and more and more information is out there. You dont have to believe me and if what you are doing works for you, then by all means, more power to you. But dont think it is healthy or in any way good for your body.

There is also much "recent stuff" that shows that eating breakfast is still as important as it was when we were growing up. And I agree with you about your 50 years statement and I said that in my response about smoking in the 60's. I am not saying that Keto and fasting does not work. I am saying that it is not the healthiest way to lose weight and it is not the best for the body. The one thing that has remained constant in the continuing struggle to lose weight is diet and nutrition, intense exercise, and rest. Those 3 things will never change and will not come and go with the times or with whatever fad diet is popular at the time. Keto, fasting, "beach body", high fat/low carb, ATKINS, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, SlimFast, South Beach, and Paleo have all come and gone and the newest one will do the same. And those are just a few. As I mentioned, the constant has always been and will be proper nutrition, which includes eating breakfast and smaller portions, high intensity exercise or any exercise at all at least 30 minutes per day, 3-4 days per week, and sleep. Those will never go away.

But, what do I know. I mean, I only studied this in college, trained with it in my playing days, was taught this by strength and conditioning coordinators in my playing day, listen to lectures and discussions once per month, and discuss this on a daily basis with athletes. Not to mention nutrition and exercise are a passion of mine. Something that I look research at least 4 times per week.

Good luck with all the weight loss and if it works, by gosh, keep it going.
              No I meant to say what I said.
              If I do eat breakfast fast say on the weekends or when someone told me , hey eat 5-6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism rolling then I was always starving before lunch or my blood sugar dropped and I had to eat something sweet to stop the shakes from hypoglycemia.
              I understand stand you are into nutrition and I'm sure you still do your research.
              But I know this about most people we hate to admit we have been taught wrong our whole lives and what we have based our lives / beliefs on.
              And the more educated a person is the harder it is for them to come around to new information.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                I eat low carb. I understand there are multiple ways to lose weight. I certainly don't tell people low carb is the only way. Low carb works for me. Why do y'all think YOUR way is the only way?

BTW, I'm closing in on -100lbs since mid Jan 2017 eating low carb low sugar.
                I by no means think what is working for our family is the only way. If that’s how it came across, I’m sorry. I only wanted to show that what the OP posted could in fact be healthy. There are many different ways of eating that work for different people. For my family, finding a way of eating that is sustainable over time, and gives us the improvement in our own bloodwork, is what our goal was. I don’t tell peole we do keto, because there are many things we eat that would throw most people out of ketosis. Both my husband and I eat breakfast, a light lunch, and a good dinner. When asked, we tend to say we avoid sugar and most processed foods, and leave it at that. Are we eating low carb, and do we take in more fat than what has been taught as normal? Yes, but everyone is different and what works for us might not be the best for someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                  I don't really do the macros, I just keep the carbs to a minimum and no sugar.
                  No breakfast, small lunch , usually leftover dinner, and a good dinner.
                  It's worked for me so far. Down from 197 to 171.
                  I just can't get into weighing my food and counting cals.and macros.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                  thats keto counting and macros unless thats not what u r doing if so I aologise

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                    Sometimes my only side with steak is another steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I think y'all misunderstood the "side" remark. Among us guys that used to hunt together when someone said "let's eat steaks tonight", someone else would always say "make sure they have two sides", meaning a thick steak. Thereafter, I referred to a thin steak as only having one side. I like my steaks thick !

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                      I by no means think what is working for our family is the only way. If that’s how it came across, I’m sorry. I only wanted to show that what the OP posted could in fact be healthy. There are many different ways of eating that work for different people. For my family, finding a way of eating that is sustainable over time, and gives us the improvement in our own bloodwork, is what our goal was. I don’t tell peole we do keto, because there are many things we eat that would throw most people out of ketosis. Both my husband and I eat breakfast, a light lunch, and a good dinner. When asked, we tend to say we avoid sugar and most processed foods, and leave it at that. Are we eating low carb, and do we take in more fat than what has been taught as normal? Yes, but everyone is different and what works for us might not be the best for someone else.
                      I was using your post to show BOB how he was wrong and that eating Keto can lower cholesterol.

Comment

Look....all I know if y'all are seriously making me hungry!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                          My sisters are part of a study. They are into the third year of it. They both were on blood pressure, cholesterol, Diabetes medicine, had sleep apnea and extremely overweight. 1 has lost 120 lbs and the other 70lbs. They are off all medicine. Apnea is gone. They are on maintenance now. They signed up for another 2 years and are 1 year into it.

I have been eating keto for about 2 years. I am on maintenance. I had high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and 35 lbs over weight. I am off my medicine except on blood pressure medicine still. I have never felt better. I have arthritis throughout my back, shoulders, etc. One of the side effects of eating this way is it gets rid of the inflammation in your body. It is awesome. No carbs for me
                          IMHO that is all due to weight loss...not a specific method. Lost 120 and 70 pounds? Yikes. I am sure they were unhealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                            I was using your post to show BOB how he was wrong and that eating Keto can lower cholesterol.
                            I don't think I am wrong. Cholesterol is fat in the blood. A high fat diet puts fat in your blood, period.

Comment

I don't think I am wrong. Cholesterol is fat in the blood. A high fat diet puts fat in your blood, period.
                              Do you just not believe the people who have had positive changes or do you not believe the test results?

Comment

I believe your meal was an awesome meal! I had one fairly similar. Salad with ranch and almost a whole rib-eye, (the rest for lunch today), which in turn I believe enabled me to also achieve a healthy #2!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X