Eastern Colorado Whitetail - Semi-LIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastern Colorado Whitetail - Semi-LIVE!

Alright TBH, a little early but the excitement has got the best of me. Me and the old man are headed out earrrly tomorrow morning for the Plains of Colorado for our Whitetail hunt. Taking the boom sticks for this one! Will be my first experience hunting out west, so am really looking forward to it. Just gotta get through work today, and hopefully an Astros W bringing home the World Series!

I have always enjoyed following the live hunts, so I will do my best to keep this updated as we go. First hunt day is Friday, and there should be some very nice targets available. Personally am looking for a mondo 8pt if at all possible, and the area has produced some giants in the past, but going in with an open mind!

Updates to follow!

Following- Good luck!

Comment

Public or private land?

Comment

They are starting to move!

Comment

awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
            Public or private land?
            Pretty sure all Private. There may be some that is public, but I really don't know.

Comment

Good luck, who are you hunting with?

Comment

I'll be following along on this one. Decided not to pick up a leftover for whitetail this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                  Good luck, who are you hunting with?
                  Booked through my buddy at Neal & Brownlee, and the outfitter is Whitaker Brothers Hunting Company. Got a pretty good deal on a semi-last minute hunt so couldn't turn it down. I have a few friends who have hunted with them, or the previous owner of the outfit before Whitaker Bros took over for Mule Deer & WT, and loved the area & experience. We will be in the Eads area. A good friend shot a beautiful Muley with them 2 weeks ago near Limon!

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                    Booked through my buddy at Neal & Brownlee, and the outfitter is Whitaker Brothers Hunting Company. Got a pretty good deal on a semi-last minute hunt so couldn't turn it down. I have a few friends who have hunted with them, or the previous owner of the outfit before Whitaker Bros took over for Mule Deer & WT, and loved the area & experience. We will be in the Eads area. A good friend shot a beautiful Muley with them 2 weeks ago near Limon!
                    A couple pics. Not really my pics to share so I blocked out faces.. Muley is my buddies, WT was killed this past weekend by a hunter. EDIT I removed the pic of the WT.. Didnt feel comfortable posting it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by ccbluewater; 11-01-2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Way to go Stros! Alarm came early this morning. 825 miles to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Luck! Safe travels to Ya!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck, the Whitaker brothers are the best in the business. Raised right there in my home town. They have a guide working for them named Clint Pagnotta that has eyes like an eagle. I've hunted with him since he was little. This is gonna be a good hunt ! What town will you be close to ?

Comment

Man,that is one hell of a mule deer!
                              Got invited to go with some boys out there next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X