Tropical Storm Irma - now Hurricane Irma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasFlyer03 View Post
    About to have a mass exodus of F16s from Shaw AFB in SC. Had a meeting today and the prediction is that it is going to be bad here. Don't blame the AF for wanting to move 3 billion dollars worth of jets.
    Speaking as a tax payer, yes please and thank you!

Get wheels up, point 'em northwest, full throttle.

Comment

Has anyone seen the long term forcast for Jose?????????? Crazy stuff!!!!!!!!

Comment

Supposed to head back to Fort Bragg from this deployment right around the same time it's supposed to hit. Hope it calms down a little bit before we get home or might be spending some extra time over here.

Comment

Praying

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              That is insane...maybe like Harvey where they had add a color for the rain amounts, we'll now have Cat6??
              Or just a powerful Cat 5 as 6 doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                And who in the heck puts a nuclear power plant HERE?

Probably the same illegals that built South Texas Nuclear near Bay City

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  Lord, I hope the Euro is wrong. Has it doing a loopdy-loop in the Atlantic and then heading straight for Miami!

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
                    I would feel better if they were in a high rise..... they back up to La Gorce golf course off Alton Road......6 ft above see level and probably less than 1.2 miles from the beach
                    I'm up Collins Ave. on Atlantic side & surge is going be higher than 6 feet, my concern is after ..... no electric, no water & it'll be shortage of supplies for weeks. I'm leaving Fri morning

I live in Texas too but been in S. Florida since college (1969/1972) served USAF in Florida & retired FAA Center @ Mia Int. I'll just come back when city services return

Good luck !!

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
                      I'm up Collins Ave. on Atlantic side & surge is going be higher than 6 feet, my concern is after ..... no electric, no water & it'll be shortage of supplies for weeks. I'm leaving Fri morning

I live in Texas too but been in S. Florida since college (1969/1972) served USAF in Florida & retired FAA Center @ Mia Int. I'll just come back when city services return

Good luck !!
                      Thank you for your service, please be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post
                        Or just a powerful Cat 5 as 6 doesn't exist.
                        Heard on the news here Irma my create a new 6 category.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                          Lord, I hope the Euro is wrong. Has it doing a loopdy-loop in the Atlantic and then heading straight for Miami!
                          Yep, gets blocked by the ridge to the North and loops back around. Jose is already going to effect the islands that were slammed hard by Irma yesterday. The loop back around brings em back over areas that will soon be hit by Irma...double tap action.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                            Heard on the news here Irma my create a new 6 category.
                            From what I have read, there is really no need per the creator of the Saffir Simpson scale. Once you get to Category 5, the damage from the wind & surge is catastrophic to basically everything. To create another category would be redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                              From what I have read, there is really no need per the creator of the Saffir Simpson scale. Once you get to Category 5, the damage from the wind & surge is catastrophic to basically everything. To create another category would be redundant.
                              That's never stopped the media. Heck the weather channel started naming winter storms a few years back, which is ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                That's never stopped the media. Heck the weather channel started naming winter storms a few years back, which is ridiculous
                                Yea TWC naming winter storms is the dumbest thing ever lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X