Free range spot and stalk Scimitar Oryx down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free range spot and stalk Scimitar Oryx down

After a full day and a half of stalking with 15 miles of hiking it all came together to down this Oryx! Since these guys don't occur naturally in Texas I thank the game fence guy that did not keep his holes plugged!
    Attached Files

Way cool. I bet that was some fun stuff. Congrats !!

Comment

Way to go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice congrats! What county?

Comment

Originally posted by dbrock63 View Post
          After a full day and a half of stalking with 15 miles of hiking it all came together to down this Oryx! Since these guys don't occur naturally in Texas I thank the game fence guy that did not keep his holes plugged!
          haha well played

congrats

Comment

That's fantastic! You should get a special recognition for protecting native Texas wildlife!

Comment

Awesome!!!!! Congrats..

Comment

Awesome

Didnt the state try to do something with this species a couple yrs ago... I seem to remember they wanted a good chunk of change so several land owners just let em out or stopped selling hunts

Comment

Wow....what a trophy!!!

Comment

Thats a great bonus

Comment

Congrats. I've heard there are some loose on my lease. I hope to send an arrow through one

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                        Awesome

Didnt the state try to do something with this species a couple yrs ago... I seem to remember they wanted a good chunk of change so several land owners just let em out or stopped selling hunts
                        The State required a special permit a few years ago to harvest but that program backfired. Due to the pain in the arse to do and pay for the paperwork it slowed down the market for the Oryx. Ranchers were getting stuck with too many animals that too few hunter were willing to go thru the paper and fee process to harvest. This caused an expense without a way to recoup the expense so ranchers lost the main reason to support this animal on their land. The State did away with the permitting process and fee and now Texas Scimitar Oryx are good for land owners and hunters!

Another example of controlled hunting helping a species survive due to a mutual benefit for both landowner and hunter. For the record: No Non-Hunting Group stepped up to help or donate money to this cause!

Comment

Awesome!!!! Congratulations!

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Thats awesome congrats! so i am guessing since animals like that arent native to texas no license required (besides basic hunting) to shoot one if it pops out in front of you?

Comment

Working...
                              X