No announcement yet.

Septic System: Rural Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just added 1800 sqft on. Had to switch to aerobic. Engineer that came out to design it, said any soil less than 42 inches to clay had to be aerobic. I was 24.

Comment

if you are adding bedrooms from the original...more than likely will have to re do it. and...if a permanent residence with several folks...you do not want to have an undersized septic system.

Comment

I do not think it has anything to do with county as far as permits and what not, it is with the state, if your septic system will handle what you are wanting to do i would just go on with it, its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Comment

I’m my county you are grandfathered in.
          Last edited by 3whunt; 10-04-2018, 08:31 PM. Reason: Fat fingers

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
            Depends on the county, I went with aerobic because my soil wouldnt allow a conventional.. my buddy said a while back Ellis county made everyone in the county go to aerobic no matter if you had a conventional for a moth or 30 years.. don't remember how much time was allowed to get it done..

Not so. Ellis County might lead you to believe this but in reality if your soil percs well you can put in a traditional system. They will concede when given the test results. Did this recently with them. The bigger obstacle is most installers want aerobic so they can enjoy the inspection annuity and they will also lead you to the aerobic conclusion. Stand firm and demand traditional, but in the in end the soil test is the deciding factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it a licensed system already?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

You're in Harrison county.
                Better to go on ahead an do aerobic now cause they'll come get ya eventually.

Just went through this last year.
                I'm in the county, not the city btw.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                  I do not think it has anything to do with county as far as permits and what not, it is with the state, if your septic system will handle what you are wanting to do i would just go on with it, its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
                  It's a county thing

Comment

My mothers house has an aerobic system now. I may just use hers as a go-by and buy all the parts and put one in myself. Not going to pay someone $10k to do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X