BBQ Pit ... look for advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Pit ... look for advice.

I am looking to buy a bbq pit for my place in Polk County. I am looking for advice OR information on folks who build them on here. I want something that will be heavy and not corode in 5 years. It will be stationary under my summer kitchen (so not looking for something too big or in a trailer).

In terms of size, think like one they might have at Academy, but only more durable.

Thanks for input in advance. I am going to try to make this thing last the duration.

you aint finding one heavy that wont corrode at a big bix store

Comment

I have a smoking joe that’s 12-13 yrs old. As long as you clean out the ash box and leave the ash box out while not in use( so not to hold water if it get rained on) it will last a loooooong time. They are pretty thick. I want to say mines about 3/16” thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Klose, Gator Pit, Pitts & Spitts if you want something that'll last. Buccees also has some decent looking pits out front of the Waller store that are a little bit heavier than what you'll find at Academy.

Comment

All good suggestions. I was thinking Pitts and Spitts. This will be housed under a summer kitchen and I will pipe vent out. So it should not get rain in it. Still... I do not want an academy special.

What about size recommendations? Anyone??

Comment

Man I can build you one, I just bought a big load of casing.

Here’s one a built for my dad about 10 or so years ago.

Comment

Lone star grills

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                Man I can build you one, I just bought a big load of casing.

Here’s one a built for my dad about 10 or so years ago.

Manthat thing is nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                X